Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-12-2012, 06:46 AM

Morning. Dogsey daily thread. (Friday).

Morning everyone I am going to try to not be too glum today.
I do feel pretty down though and so does Gorden. I think the fact it could well be -42 if and when he has to return to Kazakhstan isn't helping him as well as the distance
He is going into work today in the school he does 3 days for as he has lost two days money this week due to illness and interview money we can not afford to lose at this time.
He says he is feeling much better.
I think I am going down with it today. Have an annoying cough and the timing is right I always pick up someone else s germs in time to be ill on Boxing day when we have the family round for Christmas dinner
Dillon was very gobby all day yesterday and was very interested in bottoms and crotches Michael's and Gordens in particular especially Michael and would not leave him alone.

Michael can pick him up so he spent a lot of time in the kitchen. I have a theory so will be posting it in the behaviour thread later to see what peoples thoughts are.

Mince pie making today. I delivered Mark and Tracey their Christmas cake yesterday and Tracey has already had a big slice before I left. She was getting worried I hadn't made one this year.

Take care all especially those living where the rain is meant to be very bad it is currently dry here well from the sky not underfoot. We have rivers and ponds on the field outside the house and the lane we walk up was flowing water yesterday much to Dillons disgust.

We are keeping fingers crossed mum gets to my eldest brother in Norfolk for Christmas. Gill went to visit yesterday and they weren't allowed in they have had the norovirus bug going on for a while now and decided to have a lock down yesterday. Gill was upset as she wasn't able to wish her a merry Christmas or pack her case if she goes.
Michael has to ring Sunday before he starts the long journey to see if they will allow her to go or I suppose to make sure she hasn't contracted it I am sure him and his wife don't want to be dealing that.

Take care all if you are venturing out and wishing all those feeling poorly human and pet well soon.
tiggers mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-12-2012, 07:06 AM
Morning Lynn. Rain has been pretty awful over this way and lots of lanes and roads flooded.

Supposed to be going to family in Kent between christmas and new year and they have all come down with horrible colds/chests...sound awful. I'm hoping that they all clear up before we reach them!

You are good making christmas cake. Not something I've ever done as my eldest sister usually makes for everyone and she is sooooo good at it.

I've got everyone coming here (1 for christmas day so will get into serious cooking mode on the day. Got up early as couldnt sleep this morning, thought I would do online shop and discovered no delivery slots available until 27th!!! Dammitt!! That means a supermarket sweep which I hate!!! Hey Ho! Serves me right for not being organised.

I'm responsible for organising local cathedral flowers for main events including christmas so I spend more time thinking about floral displays than food! Got an army of ladies coming this morning to create beautiful arrangements.......seriously gets everyone in the christmas spirit....love it but hard work!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2012, 07:12 AM
Morning Lynn and all who follow (and to anyone who posts while I'm writing this! ),

I'm sorry Lynn things aren't good at the moment . I always think Christmas comes at the wrong time of the year when there are just so many bugs going around and so many of us end up unwell . Hopefully you and Gorden will both be fine before festivities start.

I've only managed to log on earlier than normal because my day started earlier with one of the dogs crying. Rushed them both outside in my PJs in case it was Flash who had an upset tummy yesterday. Both seem fine but I've just given him some chicken and rice which he wolfed down, but poor Rucksack had to stick to his normal diet due to his intolerances. If Norovirus has 'arrived' where your Mum lives (assuming its a home) often these places have to close down to all visitors due to the incubation time. I too am praying that we get to see my Mum.

They've just put themselves back to bed so I'm not sure if to make a dash to Tesco to get the rest of the food shopping in case I do and then Flash suddenly needs to go out. I think I'll wait half an hour although they both now seem well and truly asleep again.

I hope everyone has a safe, successful and happy day. See you all later
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-12-2012, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by tiggers mum View Post
Morning Lynn. Rain has been pretty awful over this way and lots of lanes and roads flooded.

Supposed to be going to family in Kent between christmas and new year and they have all come down with horrible colds/chests...sound awful. I'm hoping that they all clear up before we reach them!

You are good making christmas cake. Not something I've ever done as my eldest sister usually makes for everyone and she is sooooo good at it.

I've got everyone coming here (1 for christmas day so will get into serious cooking mode on the day. Got up early as couldnt sleep this morning, thought I would do online shop and discovered no delivery slots available until 27th!!! Dammitt!! That means a supermarket sweep which I hate!!! Hey Ho! Serves me right for not being organised.

I'm responsible for organising local cathedral flowers for main events including christmas so I spend more time thinking about floral displays than food! Got an army of ladies coming this morning to create beautiful arrangements.......seriously gets everyone in the christmas spirit....love it but hard work!
Morning TM. I like making the Christmas cake and eating it. .
I would like to do something floral at some point in my life it must be very satisfying to create something so beautiful.
Good luck with the christmas shop
I hope the families coughs and cold have cleared up before you all meet for christmas.
Enjoy your day.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2012, 07:22 AM
Morning Lynn, Tiggersmum, Jenny and everyone

Sorry you're in such a dire position again Lynn and just before Christmas too, no wonder you're feeling pretty down in the dumps.xxx

I'm sure that flower arranging will definitely put you in the Christmas spirit there tiggers mum, and Jenny, I'd get yourself off to Tesco if you dare and then it's out of the way isn't it, I doubt there'll be many in there this early and I hope you come out unscathed, better wear some leg protectors though!

Well I think Zena is feeling better this morning, cos her tail was thumping on the floor as she laid upside down when I got up. She ate her biccies in the middle of the night that I left by her water bowl in the hall, and some yoghurt, and now she's had a couple more so finger's crossed. Dave hasn't got a migraine which is a surprise cos he's had a terrible, terrible week at work, lots of problems and to top it all, his year end books are causing a nightmare at the accountants cos THEY have lost a lot of his invoices He's probably saving it for Christmas Day!

I have to ring the vet at 11 am to give him a report, but first thing we're off down to the beach for a lengthy, clean walk, then not a lot else on for us here, I've done the shopping thank the lord.

Enjoy your day everyone, and hopefully, we'll still be here later on, we've already survived almost 8 hours of armaggedon
tiggers mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-12-2012, 07:22 AM
Thanks Lynn.
Heres a pic of one I did the other day to keep you going....take care.

Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2012, 08:36 AM
Good morning all.

Got the rest of the bits and pieces for Christmas yesterday. No more shopping now until after the event. I was going to do the fresh stuff closer to the day, but, as Dave said, why bother because we only have it before and after rather than on the day and the supermarket is open again straight afterwards. He's right, of course. Why do we buy in loads of stuff that we really don't need?

I did get Rosie out yesterday, but it was a very wet walk. Today is supposed to be dry so a longer walk to make up for the short one yesterday is on the cards.

The roads here yesterday were terrible. Standing water everywhere. Even our front garden was a mini lake in the the flower bed down one side which never happens. I just hope it doesn't kill off the shrubs as it tends to do in the back garden. All the area round here used to be marsh land so it's prone to gathering water in heavy rain. However, our front garden was (apparently) the yard for the builders so a lot of the rubble was piled up here making the front garden exceptionally well drained. The fact that the flower border is underwater is a testament to how much rain has fallen lately

If forecasts are correct, then it seems today is a respite from the wet stuff and then we've got it back until after Christmas. Still, at least it's not snow I suppose. Now snow, I really hate.

The town is teeming with kids at the moment. It seems like every school in the area have been treated to special performances of the pantomime in the Embassy Theatre. Their little faces when they are herded out are a pleasure to see

That norovirus bug is causing havoc this year isn't it? It seems that many hospitals and nursing homes are on lock down because of it. I heard somewhere that it's up by 70 to 80% from last year. It's horrible, it really is.

Ah well, onwards and upwards. Have a good 'un all and don't work too hard on those Christmas preps xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2012, 08:38 AM
A quickie from me because we're off to see one of the children's Godparents.

Poor Gorden, I hope things improve and it doesn't help if he is feeling ill either. Is there any supply work he can do more locally, even if it's intermittent, instead of going away again?

Great news H - and about Dave's lack of migraine. Do you find he gets the migraines sometimes when he comes home and relaxes after the working away?

Beautiful flower display.

Back later. I hope everyone's day is a good one.

xxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Morning Lynn, morning all

The rain hammered down during the night and is only easing off in five minute spells now. Pereg refused point blank to go out earlier until I threatened to pick her up and throw her out [who do you think you are kidding Malka - she is too heavy for you to pick up let alone throw] and even then she sat with paws crossed until she just hadda go.

Managed to get across to the macolet in between downpours and came back with a ton of red, orange and yellow sweet peppers, theoretically for Pereg but I will sauté some with onions and garlic for myself - they freeze well when cooked but of course she likes hers raw!

Have a good day everyone and keep warm.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Morning Lynn , morning all, sorry to hear Gorden is not to well today,

Wow those flowers are lovely.

H, good to hear Zena is on the mend,

Hope everyone gets what they need to be done today without any weather stopping them.

Stay safe and have a productive one folks
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »