View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 05:42 AM
Hope today is more settled hun, hopefully soon you will get the news that he can feel his toes pinched/tickled

Fingers XXXXXXXX Lots of healing vibes being sent xxxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 05:48 AM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Vet just phoned - it was the 13th thorasic verterbrae in line with the last of his ribs and the last vertebrae before the lumbar vertebrae. There was a major compression. At this stage he has come round from anaesthetic but is heavily sedated and will remain so for 3 or so days.

The vet said that atthis stage and for such a major compression he is happy that everything went as well as could possibly be expected and he has realligned the rest ofthe vertebrae and it is now just a waiting game to see how much damage there was to the nerve so once again please dogsey work your special magic and let my wee boy come home to me.

Thanks everyone xxx
Like Shona, I also think this sounds positive. The vet cannot be too enthusiastic (are they ever?), but I'm hoping that the nerve damage isn't too severe and Ben can make a full recovery.

I'll be thinking of him and all of you and sending more positive vibes for a good outcome.

Hugs honey x0x0x
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 05:57 AM
Fingers crossed for you and Ben, sending positive thoughts your way.

xx
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 06:10 AM
hope ben continues to improve.

love and hugs

sue
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 06:13 AM
Oh bless, it all sounds as good as it possibly can right now. Lots of healing hugs coming his way...xxxxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-05-2009, 06:43 AM
Lots and lots more positive thoughts coming Bens way from Ollie and me.
(((Hugs))) for you and OH. Xx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 06:45 AM
Love and hugs from here as always. With him being sedated forthe next three days I guess it is just a waiting game for a while.

He wil be off in the land of nod whilst you tear yourself apart. Try and stay positive the vet seemed pleased and that can only be good.

Positive healing thoughts flying off to Glasgow from here.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 06:58 AM
Oh well at least your in the know now. I must have just gone offline after pm'd you
Poor little Ben, will be out for the count hun, and at least he's not in pain. Take each day as it comes now. He's a strong little man, he will pull through I kinow!!!!

Sending all the vibes and hugs

((((((((())))))) {{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}

Elaine xxxxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 07:11 AM
Thank you all - I at leastgot some sleep last nigh, all be it very short bursts but it was sleep, the vet will phone again this morning but he warned he wasnt going to have any real update and was more or less phoning to check in rather than give me any progress update. The only bad thing would be if he had phoned through the night as that would have meant that there had been serious complications from the op so am glad no phonecalls 9and yes I checked 1471 and answer machine just in case we slept through it!)

Am just trying to get through to insurance now and will be relieved when I speak to them as I have an estimated cost which is scary....att end ofday I'd have got the money somehow but this has alleviated some worry.

Thank youall once again forsupport, stories of your own dogs troubles and survival and for just being there for me you are all very special. xxx
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 07:16 AM
Positive thoughts from me that your boy makes a full recovery. Thinking of you x
Page 16 of 50 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 > Last »