Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 04:56 PM

b****y yobs (rant)

i have really had enough of living in our home and at the moment i would rather go and live in a field in a tent.

for the past week our home has been the focus of yobs throwing stuff at our windows/house. we got eggs thrown on tuesday, 2am this morning we had a large plastic recycling box and now some plastic.

the sad thing is we havent seen or heard any of the local yobs for months and now we are back to this. (we have in the past had problems with them)

the police are f****** useless and couldnt even be bothered to come out in the early hours of this morning when i was up on my own and scared. have just rung the police again and reported the 3rd time and i went and had a quick walk up the road and found where the yobs were hanging out but by the time the police come they will have gone.

so angry that i am thinking of contacting local paper. will be going back to see local councillor tomorrow.

sue
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 04:59 PM
Sue, I am sorry about the yobs I can truely sympathise, I hope you can get something done about them, I wish I had an idea but I am afraid I have no clue as to what you can do

Donnaxx
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 05:01 PM
Ooo how annoying

Luckily we don't get that many local yobs and the police are quick to act round here if you report a disturbance or a gang of youths hanging around causing trouble.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Oh Sue,
I thought things had calmed down,i really feel for you,hubby said that last year,i would rather live in a tent than live here.
Keep ringing the police,say they are attempting to break in your property etc..
Hope things improve for you soon xx
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 05:03 PM
hi zuba,

just so fed up with it all. been having probs with local yobs for years on and off (another story) but we got told by police at the middle of the week that they would try and sort it out again and they assured us that it probably wasnt the same group (lying). it would help if the police made some sort of effort to come round.

annoying thing is this is supposed to be one of the 'better' areas of portsmouth. what a joke!

sue
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 05:06 PM
have considered letting the dogs out to bite them. guess they would hurry round then
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 05:10 PM
What a nightmare thankfully (touch wood) things are usually quiet round by me except for the odd damage to cars, but my pal has had probs in the past and has not had a lot of luck with the police, but found the best way to get the police to come round was to say either
The gang were trying toi set fire to bins or that they were trying to break in to herproperty/neighbours property...the bins one usually brought quickest response.

Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 05:18 PM
I believe the quickest way to get the police on scene is to say you are going to inflict physical harm on the yobs concerned. Feel for you Sue x
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Have a chat with your local MP - See if they can help to force the hand of your local police, sounds like they need a rocket up the bottom..MP's are very good at doing this

Hope things settle down for you.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 05:31 PM
This would be my biggest nightmare having to put up with something like this, so I really feel for you. Surely there's something you can do about it? I thought they were very hot on this nowadays obviously not, if the police can't even be bothered to come out at 2am. Keep at it with your Environmental Health Dept. at the council or your councillor like you have then, it must be terrifying! How about getting hold of one of those dummy cctv cameras which you can get quite cheaply? It might frighten them off if they think it's a real one, or are they not even bothered about being seen. It's really awful for you to put up with this. I'd probably cause myself more trouble as I'd chuck the eggs back at them, or maybe something a bit harder, but you don't want to go antagonising them like I would! Hope you get it sorted, coz your life will change completely with all this going on.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >