Our sister sites
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2005, 03:37 PM

3 week update (raw/barf)

Hi

Just thought I would give you a little update on Luna

She has now been on raw/barf for 3 weeks (and 2 days ) and she absolutely loves it.

We've been trying a few things... and liver is to be given in small amounts...

Luna is doing great A friend of mine thinks her coat has gone darker.. I think she may have gotten a bit softer.

Her tummy is a bit wee up and down.. It is fine and hard-ish in the morning and a wee bit soft-ish (not runny at all) in the afternoon.

She has got a bit more energy, but not as much as I would have hoped, but we have only just started and will start properly on my "plan" tomoz, so perhaps it will get better

I havent regretted the switch... yes I've regretted that I didnt do it before...

I now have 1½ freezer full of food... for Luna I've actually rented a freezer (with my friend Anni) and we are sharing it Half for Luna and half for Lasse (Anni's black lab (dog))

Well just a wee happy post from us

J
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-09-2005, 03:41 PM
So glad you are getting on with it and that Luna is enjoying it,sems a bit daunting at first thinking of all the raw veggies you have to mince but once you get a system its not too bad,I would not go back to commercial food.
BorderCollieLvr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2005, 03:41 PM
Glad shes enjoying her new food and its working out for you, our freezer has more of Evas food and chicken wings than it does food for us.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Pleased to hear it is going well J
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

25-09-2005, 03:57 PM
Oh thats great B/L, glad to hear she`s enjoying her food
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2005, 04:46 PM
Thank you all

My mum asked me if it wasnt inconvenient.. and hard work..

But it isnt.. Yes that once a month when I make the veggiemix, it might take a few hours... But then its blended, sorted into portions and frozen..

And sure its a bit of work, when you buy big portions of RMB or meat. But its only once, then its "just" taking the daily portions out of the freezer 24 hours before and hey presto...

Easy

I just gave her her 2. ever egg after 20 minutes, I had to crack it for her Silly git
Ruthlynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Brilliant J!! Sounds like Luna is doing really well. Does she have her RMB's in the evening and her veggie mix in the morning? Just wondered as her poos are hard in the morning and soft in the evening.....just me rambling, don't worry! Shame there's not a degree in 'poo-ology....I'd love to do that!!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2005, 05:58 AM
Originally Posted by Ruthlynn
Brilliant J!! Sounds like Luna is doing really well. Does she have her RMB's in the evening and her veggie mix in the morning? Just wondered as her poos are hard in the morning and soft in the evening.....just me rambling, don't worry! Shame there's not a degree in 'poo-ology....I'd love to do that!!
Thanks Ruth

Luna has RMB in the morning and veggiemix in the evening, which makes it even weirder

Ooh that could be cool I would certainly use your expertise
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

26-09-2005, 06:02 AM
Just thinking B/L how much veg are you giving her now, still 35%?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2005, 06:04 AM
Hi Christine

No she's only having 10-15% veggiemix (and them meat, fish, offal or wotever she's having that day)

The veggiemix is pure veggies...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >