Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2006, 05:58 PM

help - advice needed

want to know if i am being unreasonable really.

we have disabled box outside our house for o/h and neighbours park right up to the line making it hard for me to park (well council did draw round a car that wasnt mine when they painted it). they have left their car there for a week! have asked them politely to move so that i can get in but getting really angry as i find it hard to reverse park into a small gap.

do you think i am being selfish and what other steps should i take to get them to move away a bit?

sue
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2006, 06:00 PM
ooh id ask them again polietly and if they still refuse get in touch with the council and explain whats happening im sure they will get things sorted for you,must be a real pain for you
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2006, 06:02 PM
is a pain in the a***! have now parked round the corner. talked to the parking office the other day and they said they would come and measure the space and get back to us but havent.

2nd night in a row that i cant park near home. so p******* off.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Not got any advice coz dunno anything about that sorta thing. My best mate is disabled and has same problem. Seems people just being down right awkward for no real reason. Hope ya get it sorted
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-10-2006, 06:04 PM
I suppose technically if they don't park in the box or even overlap it slightly they are doing nothing wrong, but I would explain politely that you are having problems getting into the space and ask if they would mind leaving a bit more room for you. If that fails, contact the council and see if it is possible to make the box bigger.
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2006, 06:14 PM
Seems a bit naughty. I'd try explaining it to them first but also contact the council, explain the problem and ask if they can make the space a bit bigger.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2006, 06:19 PM
Keep on at the council and the parking officer. They'll soon get sick of you ringing and hopefully make your bay longer
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2006, 07:53 PM
I don't think you are being unreasonable,why can't people just be courteous in this life,and think of others sometimes.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2006, 05:57 AM
still no car moved.......but even better someone else has parked in it. guess they dont know they have to have blue badge otherwise if caught they get a parking ticket

going to ring parking office up again today
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2006, 06:02 AM
Just keep on at them Sue (the Council) - they'll get fed up with hearing you *moan* and will take action.