Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
No, I thought it was too.
Oops missed your post yeah I thought so, it must have had it's paw stepped on or something inbetween it wining best of breed and it been shown in the group, well I hope it didn't get best of breed while being lame anyway.
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
I actually prefer the black and white Pointers... I have an orange and white!!
No sleight on solids at all, I just like a mix of colours...
Yeah, every one has their fav colours or mixes of colours - it would be boring if every one liked the same colour
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 01:59 PM
I was pleased the flatcoat won the gundog group, it was a good win, even though I think he was at his best a year or so ago. I may sound a misery here, but for the sake of the breed I hope he doesn't go on to win best in show. FCRs are just about as popular as they should be.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post
I was pleased the flatcoat won the gundog group, it was a good win, even though I think he was at his best a year or so ago. I may sound a misery here, but for the sake of the breed I hope he doesn't go on to win best in show. FCRs are just about as popular as they should be.
I was suprised by his age, not just because he looked so good, but Clive had mentioned how much he liked them and I said I also liked them but thought they were short lived, which would put me off having one...my mistake obviously
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 02:09 PM
thought of you Ailsa when the flatty got it, loved the pointer, and other personal favourites were the red and white setter just love them and the musterlander, have a massive soft spot for the Brittany's as well
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 02:14 PM
I thought that Flat Coated Retriever was amazing, what a gorgeous, happy, healthy dog - loved the way his tail never stopped wagging, especially at the end when the trophy was handed over, he went nuts at that lady

9yrs old, he looks fantastic and half his age, a real credit to his owner.
EnR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2011, 02:17 PM
I think 'show' labs and 'working' labs are a different shape - the show labs being heavier, well that's what I noticed whenever I've been to Crufts. There is no difference in the Weim, they should all be built to do a day's work in the field, although alot are spoilt, overweight pets.

I loved the Weim, obviously and the Pointer, but I don't really like dogs with long coats and admittedly wouldn't know a good example of the others from a bad!
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I was suprised by his age, not just because he looked so good, but Clive had mentioned how much he liked them and I said I also liked them but thought they were short lived, which would put me off having one...my mistake obviously
My flatcoat bitch is now nine and I have noticed her age a bit in the last month or so, she is a bit slower, but not a lot. Cancers can be a worry with this breed, but I have known one at 14 years.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
thought of you Ailsa when the flatty got it, loved the pointer, and other personal favourites were the red and white setter just love them and the musterlander, have a massive soft spot for the Brittany's as well
Ah I like that you associate me with something so lovely!!!
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
I thought that Flat Coated Retriever was amazing, what a gorgeous, happy, healthy dog - loved the way his tail never stopped wagging, especially at the end when the trophy was handed over, he went nuts at that lady

9yrs old, he looks fantastic and half his age, a real credit to his owner.
He looks amazing for 9. Just fab
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post
My flatcoat bitch is now nine and I have noticed her age a bit in the last month or so, she is a bit slower, but not a lot. Cancers can be a worry with this breed, but I have known one at 14 years.
Oh that is good news, I have always like them but been a bit put off because of what I thought I knew Do you know if the livers don't do so well in the ring as the blacks?

Your girl is doing well if she has only just started to slow down, bless her.
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >