Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Hi Linda A cold pool at this time of year, are you mad woman???!!!! Ditch that idea and ring the other pool with the warm water and see if there's a gap for swimming. Who needs a pool at the moment anyways??

The ham will be ok if you smell it, if it has a smell of *sick* then bin it, or if it's slimey then ditch it, oh heck, bin it anyway and just go to the pub for a nice lunch hey!!!!
Kind lady I called on yesterday gave me a box of home made goodies, including slices of ham and turkey and I snacked as I drove.. the last slice of turkey tasted very yukk so I stopped that fast and moved on to the brandy soaked Christmas cake.

Left all the bits on the worktp as I was exhausted and of course the turkey has vanished inside the cat... along with some of the cake.
Nothing ever wasted here...
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Here comes the gale, shrieking and screaming.. Ah well,,soon be bedtime!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Oh those gawgusssss mini Cariads - I cannot believe how quickly they have gone from those blind little newborns to proper baby doglets now.

June, do you take photos of your babes as they go? I always took photos of mine with their new moms and dads [if they said I could] when they were picked up - had a box full of photographs of my girls and babes but it was "lost" along with so many other things whilst being stored and "looked after" by a supposed friend after I lost my apartment.

Came all the way from England with me and then - went.

But I still remember them and how could I ever forget the little red rough girl who went away with her new mommy and daddy wrapped in her mom's fur coat?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

28-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Hi everyone - hope you are well

Sorry I've not been in the Daily Threads lately... after finishing the Directory I got stuck into the Steam Mop comp site and it's more involved than I thought

You have to work out what week it is, whether the user has an entry that week, whether it is a bonus day, whether the user can have a bonus entry, how to generate a random number, collect all that month's entries etc etc

We might have to start the first one mid Jan.. that is, if I can actually do it

Keep your fingers crossed
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Oh those gawgusssss mini Cariads - I cannot believe how quickly they have gone from those blind little newborns to proper baby doglets now.

June, do you take photos of your babes as they go? I always took photos of mine with their new moms and dads [if they said I could] when they were picked up - had a box full of photographs of my girls and babes but it was "lost" along with so many other things whilst being stored and "looked after" by a supposed friend after I lost my apartment.

Came all the way from England with me and then - went.

But I still remember them and how could I ever forget the little red rough girl who went away with her new mommy and daddy wrapped in her mom's fur coat?
Losing stuff on moves is hard.

When I came to Ireland I had to leave almost everything behind. Eight moves later I have very little . Still manage to mislay something each time.

Like you I remember the little ones; Siamese kittens in my case.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Yes I take piccies the moment they are born and then it is ongoing really. I have got piccies of some of them with their new families, sometimes things get rushed and I foget to do it till they have gone. Quite a lot keep in touch and send me piccies, but an awful lot don't, despite promising me, so I just have to pray that Fate is kind to them and they lead happy useful lives. I am strict with my vetting as you know, there is always one that gets under the radar though, and I do worry about all of the ones I never hear from.
The piccie I put up today was taken before Christmas have taken a few over the last couple of days, am aiming to get one of them with the Christmas tree and am working on putting a nursery fireguard around the tree till they stop being interested in it, then take the fireguard away whilst I do piccies, whether it will work is anyone's guess
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Can't believe how lucky we've been today. We chose the only two hours of the day when it hasn't rained to go out. We had a breakfast outside a cafe then a coffee outside McDonalds . We also had a lovely, uneventful walk so all in all a good time was had by all three of us.

Rosie is now zonked and Dave isn't far off.

Peace, pure peace - ain't it grand
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Can't believe how lucky we've been today. We chose the only two hours of the day when it hasn't rained to go out. We had a breakfast outside a cafe then a coffee outside McDonalds . We also had a lovely, uneventful walk so all in all a good time was had by all three of us.

Rosie is now zonked and Dave isn't far off.

Peace, pure peace - ain't it grand
Sounds blissful indeed; so glad.

Closing down as the storm has hit and the connection is not good.
The noise out there is incredible now

So we are ALL going to bed VERY early; the dogs are getting a big warm feed and so am I. Nice pan of chicken and mushroom stew for me and chicken and vegetables for the dogs. And roasted chicken for the cats..

Blessings and peace this night from Ireland.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Just got home from this afternoons walk. We've had no rain today but boy is it dark I ended up calling at the Vets for a worming tablet while I remembered. Taffy tries to jump over the fence of the car park when ever we go passed there. Must be some lovely smells there was a baby Staffy x Collie in there for its first injections. Gorgeous little thing.. Probably a Christmas present.

Taffy is flaked out now so I think I'll join him for a Nanny Nap
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Hi everyone - hope you are well

Sorry I've not been in the Daily Threads lately... after finishing the Directory I got stuck into the Steam Mop comp site and it's more involved than I thought

You have to work out what week it is, whether the user has an entry that week, whether it is a bonus day, whether the user can have a bonus entry, how to generate a random number, collect all that month's entries etc etc

We might have to start the first one mid Jan.. that is, if I can actually do it

Keep your fingers crossed
That sounds far too complicated! Good luck - and respect!

We had a lovely pub lunch and Michael is now asleep - I won't let him sleep for long though, not after his performance last night! He was very good - both kids were well-behaved. (Proud mum icon ).

There was one mother though, very loudly (and grinning at anyone who was unfortunate enough to catch her eye) encouraging her toddler into the changing room (he was walking). Then we were all treated to her loudly encouraging him in there - it was gross! Then she brought him out (loudly!) in his nappy, minus his trousers, parading across the pub.

That's so sad June . I don't think I could do it - I'd end up hiding them and be sued for breach of contract or something.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >