Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-12-2012, 11:36 AM
'morning Helena, Lynn, and all above

Amazingly warm today, plus 7 C which is not bad for this time of year and sun is shining as I type.

Lynn, that cold / flu thing is taking it's time to go, hope you can get back to normal soon.

Sorry I don't have time to go through all the posts now, maybe come back this evening. Have a good day all.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Hello all.
Helena you take care of that knee.....you can't tell me much about knees as you know My SiL swears by one of those support strap thingies that go around the knee, might be worth a try.
Good night DD
Hope the arm behaves to night Malka, I was kept awake by a JRT snuggling into me as tight as she could!
Glad you are still on dry ground Jenny.
Glad you are feeling a bit better today Lynn.
Everyone else hope you have a good day
It's sort of damp and miserable here, hope it brightens up.
Do any of you suffer with dyslexic fingers, that's how mine are today! They are hitting all the wrong keys in the wrong order, either that or they stutter and hit the right key more than once
I use messenger a lot and am eternally thankful that you can correct before "send" Occasionally a message escapes which is very embarrassing but family are used to this by now..
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
'morning Helena, Lynn, and all above

Amaizingly warm today, plus 7 C which is not bad for this time of year and sun is shining as I type.

Lynn, that cold / flu thing is taking it's time to go, hope you can get back to normal soon.

Sorry I don't have time to go through all the posts now, maybe come back this evening. Have a good day all.
According to met eireann, it is 12 here..
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Afternoon everyone

I have dyslexic fingers Jen, but only when I've had a few!!! Today I'm fine, and will be for the foreseeable future

OMG this weather, it's just getting worse and worse here, I can hardly see across to the woods, for the horizontal rain, and when I went up the top for some more dog food, it's thick, thick fog, poor Dave has got a long journey home tonight in this, and I do worry about him, although he's a brilliant driver of course, he's got a very fast car and he travels too fast in dire conditions, I have been known to sink down into the passenger dwell on a few occassions

Anyhoo, we went down the beach (mad or what), we only met one man on a bike and although it was raining, it wasn't gale force winds like it is now, so we got soaked, Zena had her overalls on, so when we came indoors, all she had was wet bottom half of her legs, perfick! Glad to be indoors now, done the shopping and I've bought a small bag of Chudleys sensitive food, and Zena seems to love it. I put some in her new kibble ball, and she whizzed it around the house relishing every morsal, and yet the Arden Grange chicken and rice she has refused up till now I even opened a brand new bag of it yesterday, thinking the old bag might have gone *off* but no, she just doesn't like it anymore Chudleys is Dobson & Horrell which are the horse feed merchants and he said they sell loads of it, so we'll just have to see how we go.

I've got a couple of bookings just come in for the van, which is good, so the early part of the year is filling up niceley, and I'm going to bump up my website, just in case some dogsey people like the look of it for a cosy, cheap holiday with the dogs, as this year, I was almost fully booked by the end of January, quite unbelievable isn't it, so hopefully, it might be the same again this year. I'm in the new directory on here, but nobody seems to be advertising in there or maybe not even looking in it, which is a shame after all the hard work Azz put into it.

Hope all of you with this awful bug get clear of it soon, glad to hear you're no worse off with the flooding up there Jenny, and grandma you did make me larf out loud with that arm slapping you in the face in the night. I hope it's all better now. Sorry about yesterday's walk there Chris, there's always one isn't there My knee survived the walk, but I won't be able to sleep again with it, and my thumb is worse than ever, I might have to go to the quack with that cos I suspect I might have broken it at the bottom, cos it's been aaaages since I did that thumb! Hey ho, the joys of getting old.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Was awoken at 4.30 am by some woooo'ing from one of the babies, it will have been Ash or Che, so nipped downstairs to reassure them, a few cuddles, then went back to bed and all was quiet until 6.30 am when there was more wooo'ing, back downstairs and gave them brekkies, which I had ready and waiting in a place they can't reach yet. Went back to bed again and by 8am there was more woo'ing and got up this time, fed girlies, brought Cariad into the utility where she could see the babies and they could see her, lots of woo'ing ensued. Closed the door so the Cruelty couldn't hear them, and cleared out the smaller kennel once more and put more dry shavings in, cleared the puppy palace and popped Cariad and babies in there with the slider down and and the heat lamp on. Lona and Mabs in smaller kennel and took the full bin liner to the bins waiting for the binmen. Cleaned the yard down and let everyone out, babies immediately made for smaller kennel....so switched heat lamp off. Came back to bed with brekkie and went back to sleep. Have checked outside and all is quiet, I think it is raining here, can't be sure really, it could be very fine rain I think, if it wasn't raining I'm pretty sure they would all be out playing. When I was making my brekkie I looked out and there was Isis lying in the rain!!! Then she got up, shook herself and took herself off. I was watching Mabs lying in the doorway of the puppy palace watching the babies, as soon as she saw them doing something she didn't approve of she was up and over to them then they all vanished into the smaller kennel.
Here is today's Fix, it is all of them

I am so glad you are still here Jenny and not swimming down the Thames hanging on to the boys
Gosh Helena you need to get some physio done on yourself I think otherwise you'll be needing a carrier bag to pick up the bits that fall off whilst you're walking.
Glad you're feeling a bit better than yesterday Lynn, like you say it has been ideal for losing weight, every cloud eh
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2012, 01:00 PM
OMG, seeing them altogether like that along with Cariad, they look so huuuuuuge now June Are you sure somebody hasn't come along and swapped them??? Where have I been, why have they suddenly grown like this???? Too much christmas dinner methinks!!! Oh June, to say they are an absolute delight is not good enough, they are truly, truly scrumtuous , and I suppose now that they're looking like real baby doglets, I suppose we've gotta let them go soon Apart from one little girlie of course I know it's been very hard work along the way, but worth every enjoyable minute of it I'm sure. Do you cry when they go June??? I bet ya do!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Afternoon.

Another very late start here - Michael just wouldn't settle last night and had us awake for most of it.

Take it easy with that knee H.
Very glad there was no flooding Jenny.
Glad you and Gorden are both feeling a bit better Lynn.

No news - just had a walk in the drizzle. I made everyone come because I think the kids need fresh air and exercise, even if it is a bit wet. They enjoy it anyway - honest!

Just debating whether to go to a pub for lunch. The turkey is all gone (yay!) but there is still some ham. I don't eat it so it's taking a while but I think it should be okay for another day or two?

We were thinking about swimming today. The local pool seems to be catering more for lessons though and it's hard to find a slot sometimes for swimming. It's expensive too, for all four of us. However, we are members of a fitness club which has a pool which children can use at weekends - and we only have to pay for Carys. The downside is it's a cold pool - I hate getting dry and dressed after being in a cold pool.

Alternatively, we could have a DVD day.

Take care everyone.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Hi Linda A cold pool at this time of year, are you mad woman???!!!! Ditch that idea and ring the other pool with the warm water and see if there's a gap for swimming. Who needs a pool at the moment anyways??

The ham will be ok if you smell it, if it has a smell of *sick* then bin it, or if it's slimey then ditch it, oh heck, bin it anyway and just go to the pub for a nice lunch hey!!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Hi Linda A cold pool at this time of year, are you mad woman???!!!! Ditch that idea and ring the other pool with the warm water and see if there's a gap for swimming. Who needs a pool at the moment anyways??

The ham will be ok if you smell it, if it has a smell of *sick* then bin it, or if it's slimey then ditch it, oh heck, bin it anyway and just go to the pub for a nice lunch hey!!!!
Yeah, I must admit, stripping off into a swimming costume isn't an appealing thought at the moment. I do get so bored though, sitting around.

The ham smells okay but ew, I don't even want to know if it smells like sick.

That's good news about the bookings for next year.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Girlies all lined up in yard so that means they want to go out I suppose, am trying to motivate myself, have had a broken night with my little babies Linda so I know how you feel, a walk will bring me round I think.
Helena I fill up just thinking about them going, especially with such a small litter because each one of them is so very precious to me. I know who will be woo woo'ing and that they want reassurance and not just being a pain in the neck, and who is just being a pain. I have done everything I can to prepare them for the world, and also to prepare their new families to help them in those first few days when they will feel like their little world has crashed around them as they will be in a foreign land with no one they know near to them to comfort them. They are being fantastic with the puppy pads and even overnight there had only been a couple of near misses, and it was all easily wrapped up and burned and kitchen mopped and clean again. I still have them all for at least another 2 weeks, but the time is racing along now and that day when I am stood in the road waving them off after one last kiss and cuddle is ever closer, then I go in and have a good cry and go out to cuddle the remaining ones, and they are gradually whittled away and taken from me. I have tried so hard to select the right families for them and I know when I make up their Going Away Bags I will cry over them, I always do.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >