View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2024, 06:09 PM
Chris How is the floatr in your eye cleared now I hope?

Griff Hope you have had a good day.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2024, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning Brenda. Pleased Margaret made it to you yesterday. Have a good day.

Overcast here so have hung all the washing on the airer. Teazle walked and both front and back lawns cut. Thought I would get it done today before it rains. School run this afternoon. Heard thunder at about midnight but it didn't keep me awake as far off.

Take care everyone
Hmm I hope it stays dry enough to give the back grass a fly over tomorrow, how is your grand daughter feeling better now hopefully? and of course the bug/lurgy you and Mark have is on the run as well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2024, 06:37 PM
Evening all
Not had a pleasant morning, but had a nice afternoon seeing my uncle.
I have gradually been distancing myself from Steve, I get nothing from the relationship so I don't see the point, this morning was the last straw. He still owes my mum£650 in car repayments, I have paid her £200 back and will cover the rest then torch his car...he has had ample opportunity to repay but puts his wants above debts and nobody takes the p*SS out of my mum's good nature, henis back in touch with his sister who has behaved like a nob and basically I have bore the brunt of it, lol... don't think he expected the result he got! I haven't seen Molly for at least 6 weeks so I can only hope he does right by her.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2024, 06:51 PM
Griff I am sorry to hear Steve has not taken adequate steps to repay your Mom. Especially as he works. You and your Mom cannot keep bailing him out. So well done you. Do you think maybe what you are seeing now is the reason he is as he is he prioritizes himself and his needs above others? even those who have gone out of their way to help him. Also you cannot let your love of Molly "keep you tied"
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-05-2024, 07:06 PM
We feel very honoured Kazz too be trusted with them especially with Dessa.
They are both so amazing and tolerant.
We will indeed miss them and I wonder if this will be the last time we see Dessa before visiting again, we sincerely hope not.

griff i think Steve's actions have left you no alternative.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2024, 08:09 PM
I shall give you some background
Steve's sister rarely contacts him, it's usually when she wants something...dog minding, getting married etc. Her husband cheated on her and she took him back, within 6 weeks he had said he didn't love her and left, Steve literally took the very next day of work unpaid to go and see her....we all live in the same city, she's further away than me but maximum 30minutes, mum did him a pamper hamper to take to her....Steve said he made it, that annoyed me, I told him to buy dinner for them all 6 people...and he used the £50 Christmas money I had left at his house with my permission. Anyway, they were messaging and chatting and he said that her husband would try and get back with her but to take some time to figure out what she wants, everything went quiet and I didn't bother asking as tbh...I don't really care. Anyway, I got a phone call last night and he was saying she's on a mad one, she had her husband back and he has again said he doesn't love her etc etc, apparently she was suicidal and had been and bought rope...I told him to get down to her, he reckoned he had talked her down....I basically said so I won't be seeing you again this weekend and apparently " his sister is.more important". I hung up
This morning my phone rang and it was him....I ignored it, 20 minutes later, phone went again so I thought about Molly, I answered to be told that his sister had been detained? I said by who?? He reckons the police, I asked on what grounds and he said her husband called them saying she was suicidal...I said to Steve I had told him to go to her last night but he just kept saying her husband was there...he left her with her abuser and that's somehow my fault, I questioned how he knew she was detained?? He said he had called, got no answer so text and got a message saying she was detained and she would be out in a couple of hours, now I know from experience you don't have access to your phone, with the police or in assessment, I told him to ring his nephew as he would tell him the truth, he said he was going to call his brother in law...the one who has caused all this, why would he tell the truth??? Basically Steve was saying he didn't know what to do about work, he was worried about his sister... wasn't very worried last night was he? And I guess was expecting me to say take the day off and I would cover his wages....got a bit of a shock, I just said that he was a grown up and to make his own choices, I was then told to p*SS off as I was boring him lol. I am a kind person, a stupid person I am not and if he had gone to her last night...well, his sister wouldn't have been locked up, he should have told her to go back to his house with him and looked after her for the night
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2024, 10:03 PM
I had to look Thorney up Brenda and it's quite a way from us. It's nearer to Peterborough

The floater is still there. Not as bad (or I'm getting used to it). I have an appointment a week on Monday with the eye clinic for an injection so I'll ask them to make a note on the scan for when the doctor reviews it if it's still there

Lovely day again. Bit of a breeze in our face going, but was lovely coming back

The carers started today and Gary has been full of what they did and what they talked about. Let's hope he continued to be thrilled with having them around
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2