Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2022, 07:34 AM

Sunny Saturday 17th September 2022

Morning to who ever comes on today. Been for a very quiet walk this morning. Not many about, which is odd. Anyway have a good day all of you.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2022, 08:03 AM
Good morning Brenda hope you have a good day

Lovely here but chilly so have dug my fleece out. Plus for today is cutting the lawns and cutting back a bush. No family today as they have all gone to Hampton court. Eldest here so we will go over tomorrow to see them. Busy cooking a lasagna before heading into the garden.

Hope all are well take care.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2022, 11:28 AM
Good afternoon all

No great plans I do miss my 4-legged pal can't bring myself to type her name still.

Anyhow not sure what I will do today had a plan to go out with friends but two of them are not good neither has covid (after testing) but heavy colds/rough coincidence or a going round either way they can keep it. They have not passed to each other as we meet every 6 weeks or so. Our other friend texted me and said she is going to the Queens funeral Monday to watch as Bank Holiday off.

So, I am at a spare day/weekend.

Washing on the line and day nice have to get myself galvanised into doing something

Hopefully next weekend busy friends 70th birthday and a party in her garden also a leaving do; as she and hubby are moving after 18 years in Birmingham back to Scarborough nearer her daughter and extended family their other children are staying here apart from the son & family who live in New Zealand.

Then off out for a nice walk and lunch then maybe bingo with another friend on Sunday.

The week after hoping to be moving eldest niece and fiancé into their first home/house.

Brenda any thoughts on another dog at all?
Griff Wishing you the best.
Moyra Hope you are good.
Chris Rosie happiness is continuing hopefully, have a good weekend and hope you are warmer now or is it another PJ Day.
Sue Wait until G.Daughter number 3 arrives then you will be busy. LOL
Lynn Have a good weekend and enjoy your break.

Have a good weekend all
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2022, 01:10 PM
Kazz no not having any more, can't have any furries here anyway. But nope no more, too much heartache. I am though still doing pup training when asked. The little Podengo is doing well. Seeing him again Thursday weather permitting. Have a good weekend.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2022, 03:21 PM
No same here, I think.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2022, 04:18 PM
Good evening everyone.
It has been very chilly here today.
We went and did our towing lesson, we used our friends trailer phew was a little worried about using their caravan.
It is harder to tow a trailer than a caravan as you can't see the trailer till you see the back end of it out of your wing mirror whichever side it's veering to, also they turn much quicker.
We did well though he said and he says we will have no problems towing a van.
We have the number of where they store their van and he will come with us to give us tips to make sure we buy a good one and be with us the first time towing it to the storage site.

Looking forward to our break away we will book flights to Madrid probably while chilling out.
We have realised Joel is not vaccinated against covid so he will have to get a PCR done or supervised antigen test. PCR has to be 72 hours before flying antigen 24 hours.
When we know the dates we can see what is nearby and get that sorted and the online form he has to fill in.

Thank goodness for Nan's and Grandad's I say.

Hope everyone has had a lovely day.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2022, 07:01 PM
Good evening all

Cold again, but not as bad as yesterday thank heavens.

Rosie is back to being tired and is also weeing for England. I've been researching Libera a little more and found a [a social network] site with owners telling their experience and I'm not happy that we weren't told the possible side effects - weeing for England being one of them. The others are terrible so me thinks it's definitely back to the tablets. Ah well, we tried.

Apart from a bit of washing and going out this morning, have done nowt
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2022, 07:16 PM
Ahhh no Chris I was led to believe it was safer than than Previcox, Rymadil etc.,
Seems not then I wonder if this is why Dillon declined like he did ? We knew the Previcox had started the early stage kidney disease in July that's why as advised by our vet we put him on the Librela.
Elaine who has had her Kacie on it for at least 18 months has been so lucky.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2022, 08:36 PM
Apparently it does wonders for some. For others there's the constant weeing. Some have diarrhoea <sp?>. Some have hair loss and worse still skin lesions.

It's not doing Rosie any more good pain-wise that the tablets (Carprodyl) she was on previously and all her bloods are normal so she will go back on those.

I don't know what the heck is going on with her, but I hope time will be the cure
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-09-2022, 06:11 AM
It never worked for Dillon either unfortunately.
I know of some Elaine included it was almost a miracle, we were quite disappointed it didn't work for Dillon.

Everything crossed Rosie feels better soon.