View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Kazz so sorry you are struggling to get over the loss of Cassie, I am afraid I does take time. Imagine being close to her and feel her near. I am sure she is watching over you too.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-01-2017, 01:37 PM
Kazz, I am so sorry to hear about Cassie, it wil be really hitting home now, seems to kick in after a couple of days when you realise they aren't coming back. Lots of hugs.
There was one bark this morning when the bathroom light went on and the numbnut was silhouetted against the lit window. I crept to the door and sent them in straight away and hope he didn't realise I was there. Another bark at 6.40am, no idea what. Then a bluddy bluddy cat walked along the fence and they set off at 8.20. Luckily I am usually around at that time and they had had breakfast, so shot out and sent them in. Been on the bone run and straight back, should have gone to see my friend with liver cancer, I have explained the whole thing and she is quite literally bewildered by what I am going through.
Got home and I could tell someone had been as the gate was open. Checked phone and Amiee the policewoman had phoned, so thought I bet she's called round. Rang her back and she had just popped out for her lunch and waiting for her to ring me back.
OMG Lynn, I have been in that situation, people can't see the dangers in these stupid leads. I hate them with a passion, if Dillon had thought mmmm..here's lunch and taken a bite, then the owner wouldn't have been laughing. He was very fortunate it wasn't the GSD Pepsi met up with yesterday. Cannot believe your doorbell has been stolen twice What the heck is going on
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-01-2017, 01:47 PM
June was it the policewoman who left the gate open ? Such a shame this is invading your life to the point of not being able to visit your friend.
As for the doorbell well not a problem like poor June is having but an annoyance.
It's either bored kids or drunks thing is we didn't hear them and Dillon only really barks when it's cats or noises out the back.

Looking for tamper proof ones or thinking of putting a small security light up there. Is there any way we can wire it so it only gives electric shocks to those trying to steal it ?
Yes that guy is lucky Dillon is not reactive. There is a dodgily bred GR up the road now that has issues and it had the little dog sure it's the same little dog. Guy with the GR paid the vet bill. Damn thing 3rd time it has gone for Dillon the little dog that is the GR doesn't mind him.
griff hope the blood test went well.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-01-2017, 02:17 PM
Remember when I was having all the problems with that collie thing a few years back. Well I rang the dog warden 'for advice' as to what would happen if it came running out of the house and attacked my two (which it had just done) and it got hurt, and they were pretty helpful and gave me some good info. Offered to go and see the people, but I knew it would be a wasted journey. Why don't you ring the dog warden and ask for info as regards the dangers of extending leads and this stupid owner. Therefore alerting them to the scenario.
Amiee the policewoman not rung as yet. Just been sat crying, I am so tired and in pain and can't stop shaking
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2017, 02:42 PM
Oh June, you must contact the police again and also get help from criminal victim support. Somebody must help you in your situation.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-01-2017, 04:17 PM
Big hugs June.
Thing is it's odd round here so different to living in a town doubt they have a dog warden. regards dogs people don't mind barking, and as for the little terrier I usually see it coming and already have Dillon towards the back of me.
It won't catch us out again we will be ready in the future incase it pops round the corner ready for a fight.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-01-2017, 04:42 PM
I don't think the policewoman got the message, had an email saying she has been round and rung me as well. She obviously has no idea I rang her back despite what I was told.
She hasn't said anything in her email, just general advice, which I can get anywhere, looks like I am left with the bill for the fencing, gate and CCTV whilst he lazes around in bed. Nothings changed has it
I have told her that I will continue sleeping in the kitchen until my safety and peace of mind is assured
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-01-2017, 04:51 PM
Oh June that's ridiculous. You need help with this and he needs a good kick up his a**e.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-01-2017, 04:56 PM
There is no mention of them cautioning him or any form of restitution for criminal damage, so he is home and dry and free to continue his reign of terror really!!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2017, 04:59 PM
TW, Not entirely sure how it works or how expensive it is but i think you can take out a private prosecution if the police do nothing..i was advised this. Also, get on to victim support, they will liase with the police personnel if you fail to get any response from them.
Blood test was o.k thanks, had a longish wait, i am supposed to be able to go through after waiting 30 minutes if i haven't been called and i always feel bad doing it....today i was quite happy to sit and chat with the fella next to me and the time soon flew by
watched hacksaw ridge yesterday...excellent film!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >