Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I think, NO he should not be sent to Iraq, i commend him for wanting to go, but by going he is going to put the men who serve with him at a much higher risk.

It is not the same as Andrew being in the Faulklands, he was a pilot, on ship most of the time, the "ememy" could`nt single him out ..........Harry will be on the front line, in amongst other soldiers, he will become a greater tarrget. these people are already boasting what they are going to do with him when they capture him.. it will spirral us into an even deeper conflict to get out of..... can you imangine if he was killed, or held to ransom .

I would be doublely worried if I had a son/husband serving anywhere near him, and for that reason alone , he should not go.
I totally agree with this, and also thouse who stated that you cannot compare this war with others in which royals have served.

What worries me more about the change of decision to send him is if the British army can faff about changing their minds on such a basic decision, how good are they are the more serious decisions?
Not really a decisive way to run an army is it?
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 03:45 PM
i really don't care for his personal life or who he is ...BUT i do care that others around him may be at risk prob easy for us to say as we are not there
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
i really don't care for his personal life or who he is ...BUT i do care that others around him may be at risk prob easy for us to say as we are not there
But while the people we are fighting are concentrating on looking for harry and his troop preasure will be lifted on other troops in the area.

The thing what bothers me is now we have withdrew him what happens now, the next war we fight (being england with will be involved in one) all it takes is for whoever we are fighting to threaten him again and he does not go, therefore the high cost of training him has been wasted, he may be given an office job but thats unfair on the others who fight and work to one day get that type of job. The MoD as ballsed up big time here and we have it all again when william is ready.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
But while the people we are fighting are concentrating on looking for harry and his troop preasure will be lifted on other troops in the area.

The thing what bothers me is now we have withdrew him what happens now, the next war we fight (being england with will be involved in one) all it takes is for whoever we are fighting to threaten him again and he does not go, therefore the high cost of training him has been wasted, he may be given an office job but thats unfair on the others who fight and work to one day get that type of job. The MoD as ballsed up big time here and we have it all again when william is ready.
I don;t think it will lift any pressure from other area's at all It said through the arm that a desk job is like punishment to a fit young man not a promotion and its sais that Harry isn't happy at all

I think the fact we are still there is bad enough without adding fuel to the fire ..Iraq may think they have won but then they think they have won anyway
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2008, 05:44 PM
I thought I would up this as its just been announced that he has been fighting in afgahanistan for the past 3 months.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 05:47 PM
and the fact it wasn't made public only outlines the risks involved ....
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
and the fact it wasn't made public only outlines the risks involved ....
yeah, the same risks as everyone else. it was just common sense there was a blackout. why the media wanted it to make it public anyway is beyond me.

Anyway well done to him, same there is not more like him.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 05:51 PM
yeap i am glad I just worried for those around him when i posted this thread
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 05:52 PM
He's doing what he joined up for and is paid for so good for him.
Becky
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I think poor Harry is damned if you do and damned if you don't and it's not even his decision. It's been taken out of his hands.
Personally he should go, when I saw the pictures of him in full combat gear I wouldn't have recognised him and I don't think Iraqis will either as long as the media learn to keep their mouths shut.
Becky
i reckon they read this becky LOL

spot on then and spot on now
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >