Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
Yes he wants to go, alas if the this decision taken out of his hands, then why should the army have to pay him for a roll he cannot do, due to pressure from Government and Politicians.

How many families have lost fathers/sons/mothers/daughters and how must they feel, thinking that he is being treated differently from their family members?
I am finding this hard to follow, he should not be treated differently with regards being paid and made to resign for a desicion what is not his. But that itself is being treated differently.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
Yes he wants to go, alas if the this decision taken out of his hands, then why should the army have to pay him for a roll he cannot do, due to pressure from Government and Politicians.

How many families have lost fathers/sons/mothers/daughters and how must they feel, thinking that he is being treated differently from their family members?
Ok so if you had a job and there was something you were willing to do but they said no you can't oh by the way you're fired because you're not doing the job you want to do and we wont let you do is that fair?
Becky
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I think he should if he wants to and as he has said he does. A lot of people are saying not what if he gets killed, but there are 1000s of others fighting out there, so is his life worth more? Inca, you said its a huge security risk but it is a war so everything is a huge huge security risk, his uncle fought in the falklands and a number have been in the armed forces.

If the media stopped printing and showing stories of who he will be commanding, how many he will be commanding and where abouts he will be based the insurgents would be unlikely to target him directly therefore he would be at the same risk as anyone else fighting.
I totally agree with you Stormey. One phrase I learnt whilst my ex-husband was serving a 2 years tour of N.I was that 'a loose tongue costs lives'

I think ifHarry joined the army to serve his queen and country, then I think that he should be treated the same as everyone else.
The only people who are putting Harry's and his men at risk are the one's who are blabbing to the press If they stopped press coverage of him, he'd be less of a target.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-04-2007, 12:48 PM
I personally wouldn't have royals in the services at all... They live in the media spotlight nowadays, and like it or not the media will report their every move. This I believe makes it imposible for them to serve without putting the other soldiers under an increased risk. And if they are not able to serve as soldiers etc.. then it's a little pointless them being in the services.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Andrew did serve as a pilot in the Falklands but i think this war is a war on terror and this to me is much different I think if Harry goes it will make things a whole lot worse than it already is
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-04-2007, 02:22 PM
i dont think they should be allowed to join the forces if they aren't allowed to do the job, the risks should have been considered before he joined up.
yes he will be a target but then aren't they all in iraq, not only is he the target all the others who serve around him are put at more risk too.

if he truely wants to go and serve his country good on him.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
i dont think they should be allowed to join the forces if they aren't allowed to do the job, the risks should have been considered before he joined up.
yes he will be a target but then aren't they all in iraq, not only is he the target all the others who serve around him are put at more risk too.

if he truely wants to go and serve his country good on him.
Well said, if the country had more like him it would be a much better place.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2007, 02:47 PM
The Royals can't win can they. If they don't work everyone complains, if they decide on a career, everyone complains!
Becky
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-04-2007, 02:52 PM
I think, NO he should not be sent to Iraq, i commend him for wanting to go, but by going he is going to put the men who serve with him at a much higher risk.

It is not the same as Andrew being in the Faulklands, he was a pilot, on ship most of the time, the "ememy" could`nt single him out ..........Harry will be on the front line, in amongst other soldiers, he will become a greater tarrget. these people are already boasting what they are going to do with him when they capture him.. it will spirral us into an even deeper conflict to get out of..... can you imangine if he was killed, or held to ransom .

I would be doublely worried if I had a son/husband serving anywhere near him, and for that reason alone , he should not go.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I think, NO he should not be sent to Iraq, i commend him for wanting to go, but by going he is going to put the men who serve with him at a much higher risk.

It is not the same as Andrew being in the Faulklands, he was a pilot, on ship most of the time, the "ememy" could`nt single him out ..........Harry will be on the front line, in amongst other soldiers, he will become a greater tarrget. these people are already boasting what they are going to do with him when they capture him.. it will spirral us into an even deeper conflict to get out off..... can you imangine if he was killed, or held to ransom .

I would be doublely worried if I had a son/husband serving anywhere near him, and for that reason alone , he should not go.

sums up totally how i am feeling
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »