lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by minda
See! Stereotypes do work!

(Just kidding, before I get lynched!)
sometimes they do.

i was a beauty therapist what would you say i look like?
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2006, 07:35 PM
If I'm totally honest my stereotypr of a lady trucker would be:

bleach blonde mullet hairdo (with lots of black roots showing), tattoos, beefy forearms and a checked shirt and jeans with a fag hanging out the corner of your mouth.

I'm close aren't I?
you forgot lesbian and mouth like a sewer and looks and acts more like a man than most men............ROFPML

Actually I have 4 tattoos, tongue, nose, eyebrow and belly pierced and my ears too several times although I only wear a couple of them. I have shoulder length naturally curly hair that gets blonder from the roots down as I spend a lot of time outside and I don't smoke. I am quite muscley for a woman (so I have been told) BUT I have met several woman lorry drivers that meet your stereotype. I have been in my current job for about 2 months but one of the first things the guys there said was "you don't look like a bloke!" so even they were surprised LOL Good job I am not easily offended but then I do what is primarily a man's job so a certain amount of banter is to be expected. At my last job that I did for 2 years the other drivers (all men!) expected me to be a girly girl and were very disappointed, where I am now they just treat me like everyone else which I prefer, I have never been a girly girl in my life! LOL
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2006, 07:41 PM
I wasn't a million miles off then? I got the tattoos and muscles right anyway!

Lillibet I didn't see your post the other day. My idea of a stereotypical beautician would be lots of make-up, very shiny hair and perfect nails.

I like this game! I'm a nurse, what do you think a stereotypical nurse looks like?
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2006, 07:42 PM
sometimes they do.

i was a beauty therapist what would you say i look like?
absolutely no idea, what's a beauty therapist?:smt017 I'm a lorry driver and know nothing about such things..........we are all supposed to be thick too LOL
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by colliemad
you forgot lesbian and mouth like a sewer and looks and acts more like a man than most men............ROFPML
Hmm nice dyke stereotype there...Lots of straight women fit that exact description except no one remembers them for looking rough I'll bet loads of straight women here are pritty butch.

Who's got there lipstick on today? I have
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 07:48 PM
I like this game! I'm a nurse, what do you think a stereotypical nurse looks like?
just someone who has to wear a dowdy old fashioned uniform looks wise. There isn't much scope really for nurses with how they look when at work
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Hmm nice dyke stereotype there...Lots of straight women fit that exact description except no one remembers them for looking rough I'll bet loads of straight women here are pritty butch.

Who's got there lipstick on today? I have
To be honest I have found that lots of people think I am a lesbian BEFORE they find out I am a lorry driver and it's nearly always men. I have a fair few male friends and they think it's because I am quite confident speak my mind (within reason) and really don't give a stuff what anyone thinks of me.

Lipstick? What's that? Don't think I have one of those, in fact I don't remember the last time I wore make up.....

ooops! Almost forgot, that may have been a dyke stereotype but I have never met a lesbian that actually fitted any stereotype, never met one that was rough but met a fair few that were really funny and great to go out drinking with!
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2006, 02:53 PM
I wasn't a million miles off then? I got the tattoos and muscles right anyway!

Lillibet I didn't see your post the other day. My idea of a stereotypical beautician would be lots of make-up, very shiny hair and perfect nails.

all the nurse i no are a bit fat and old!
but i am not saying you look like that.
Page 22 of 22 « First < 12 19 20 21 22