Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Wow, that really is good, it must be a help that you have a really good vet to unload your thoughts to and who does care about Ollie.
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
So sorry to hear this Lynn, so sorry.
Originally Posted by TLDAVE View Post
Just to say I am thinking of you x
Originally Posted by EGYPTGAL View Post
Hugs xxxxxxx
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Oh Lynn, it's so heartbreaking.

Nothing much to say except hoping against hope that Ollie will once more bounce back.

Whatever the outcome of this latest downturn, may I just commend you and hubby for the love you have shown and the amount of trying - you really have gone that extra mile to make sure that whatever decision is reached it is the best one.

Thoughts to you, your hubby and, of course, Ollie himself xx
She is amazing Hrvey nothing is to much trouble.

Tank you
all for the kind thoughts.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Lynn - please accept big hugs and lots of love for what you are going through.
xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-02-2011, 10:15 PM
For now we are going to carry on as planned as he seemed to rally a bit this afternoon.

She agrees after seeing Saturdays video his front leg gait is not good and we are going to have to face making a decision sooner rather than later.

He is waxing and waning and after we chatted we felt we will cut the steroid to 371/2 mg a day along with the 200mg a day of sporanox we have to cut the steroid for this drug and in the next week or so it was the plan anyway. She feels like me while he is still able to potter out to the garden and do his business he is still relatively happy we do not want it to get to the point it was when he was first ill and came home but we both feel maybe it is a little early at the moment.

She feels confident I am very good at spotting things with him more observant than a lot of her clients she said. So that is the plan we know we are looking at weeks rather than months now unless he makes a dramatic u turn which we both doubt now. He is going downhill with his mobility with the 50 mg of prednisilone so once it is cut down we are expecting him to lose more of the mobility but we have to treat for the aspergillus so have no choice in the matter.

She is happy to stop now if I feel that is what I want and what is best for Ollie but I am not 100% sure this is the right decision this week for him it may be next week it may be two weeks time but not this week. I am physically and emotionally drained but I have still have more to give to him and he will get every last ounce of me till the end is here. I feel confident with her help and guidance and Gorden feels the same we know the end is near so now we pull the stops out for the little bit of time we have left.

Thank you all for the suport and I hope you appreciate and understand the decision I have made it has not been done lightly. My gut instinct knows it is near but knows it isn't quite right at this time.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Lynn - please accept big hugs and lots of love for what you are going through.
xxx
Thank you.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Awe I'm so sorry to hear this all you can do is pray for a miracle I know all of us on here are praying for one to happen.
You and Gordon are so brave and I'm certain your making the right decision with whats best for the lovely Ollie.
Thinking of you all xxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Lynn, I think you have made a right decision, whilst they can go on, enjoy everyday hun, you yourself will know when Ollie has had enough, as you say the time is not now.

God bless you all, I too will be faced with this, but Reah will tell me when, just as Ollie will tell you xxxxxxxx hugs and kisses hun
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 10:28 PM
I hope he has more than a few weeks Lynn,but if not you have done everything in your power to help him and i'm sure you will know when it is time.Sending lots of sad hugs to you all xx
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 11:59 PM
Aww what a nightmare. At least you know he's not going to suffer Lynn, even though you and your family are.

{{{hugs}}}
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 06:48 AM
So incredibly sad......

Thinking of you all and hoping Ollie rallies for a little longer....

x0x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 06:55 AM
So sorry Lynn, I know what you're going through with waiting to make the inevitable decision, it's just so unfair with Ollie still being so young

What we did with Leon was let him have anything he wanted during those last two weeks, he was walked whenever he wanted, he ate things that I knew possibly wouldn't help him...he went mad on pickled eggs , but I wanted his last weeks to be full of happiness and for him to know how much we loved him...I know that you will be the same with Ollie.

I'm still praying for a miracle for you and sending huge (((hugs))) to you all. xxx
Page 20 of 28 « First < 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 > Last »