Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2013, 02:10 PM

Need to have a moan!!

I was coming off our walk with Rosie today and was putting her on lead when this young basset pup raced over and started to sniff Rosie to say hello which I didn't mind then he started really sniffing her bits which Rosie isn't keen on so keen on so all I said in a friendly manner was"go on get off her" and the owners who had 5 more off lead started shouting at me and their young lad started swearing at me saying its not an it (??) it's a dog, so I tried to explain what I'd said and I didn't say it I said her meaning my dog and he started threading me, luckily my neighbour was on field and heard what was going off. My husband had already gone in house before this went off thank goodness! The woman shouted " I shouldn't be on field if I didn't like other dogs" I am always on there, I live next to it, and Rosie is always running round with other dogs! It made me really mad, this pup was a lovely friendly dog, and I would never be nasty to any dog, but none of their dogs where listen to them, which says it all I think!!
Sorry for ranting but needed to moan
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Just realised some of my spelling bit rubbish sorry
Azz
Administrator
Male 

20-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Join the club Mandy, bad dog owners are the bain of many good dog owner's walks

Maybe you could use 'noises' that the dog may understand but the owner's wouldn't... eg "AH AH AH AH AH!" or just a simple OFF.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Dillon is bad for this when there is a bitch around I do check first that it is ok for him to play because most other dogs are smaller than him and because he does love a good sniff of a female dog him being and adolescent entire young male.
I explain all this and so far all the people we have met have said its ok she will soon tell him off which they do and he does learn some manners so good for him.
I would never moan or swear at anyone who said no and I would understand their reasoning if they say no. I have never liked rude in their face dogs bounding over to mine so fully understand if other people are the same.

I do not understand when people react this way when all you are doing is protecting your dog.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2013, 02:52 PM
I don't think anyone has the right to let their dog spoil anyone's enjoyment, puppy with bad manners is slightly more acceptable but the owners should have taken it away (and apologised) when it was overstepping the mark.

I hate off lead dogs running up to mine who are on lead.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2013, 04:30 PM
I don't mind at all when dogs come running up, it's just they were shouting there dogs anyway and because their puppy was getting a tad to pushy with Rosie, just couldn't believe how rude they were to me! When Rosie is off lead and starts running towards other I always shout her and apologise, because I do understand some dogs just don't like it