Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Fingers crossed they work for you Griff

Well cleaned all up, went to bath Rosie and she ran off, (not far only up garden as she can't get away from our house) and then started stressing so I've had to leave it. Lauryn said she will try when she gets back as last time she just let her. Don't know know what spooked her tbh. She's a funny one, I swear shes been on this earth before as a rescue dog
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2016, 01:10 PM
Got quite a strong breeze blowing from the North and decided against going on the river with Kesh and trying to get her round, I don't need a strong current to put her off. Off onto the country park with Kesh, Mabs and Zen. Shortly after we got onto the tow path, with Mabs and Zen running ahead, kept Kesh on a line because if she sees a little dog she's all for chasing it to kingdon-come as a game, little dogs and their owners are not appreciative of this, so like to make sure there are no suitable targets in the vicinity before I let her offlead. Saw someone with a bright top on get on near the dog groomers and walking in front, thought nothing of it, noticed another woman lurking near the fence and she went OMG went Zen came cavorting up, called her and Mabs back and said they won't bother you, she said she was scared of dogs...OOOOKAAAYYY....er I think you'll find on a day like this there are LOTS of dogs on the towpath and when you get onto the country park there will be even more, so not the best choice of venue. Carried on walking, her mate was waiting not far up, and I said to her girls won't do anything,she said she was fine, but her friend wasn't, I again pointed out the inadvisability of their choice of route and carried on. Got to canal basin, let Kesh offlead as no one about, and I could see them behind me, trying not to come near went off onto the grass and I never saw them again, although did advise a few people I met up with to watch out for them
Cariad and Lona had a walk up in the woods where it was cooler, came home, they all had a cold bone, umbrella up for them, wind keeps blowing it about though. Off for LPG, which came to the grand total of £4.63 to top up, best yet
I've been driving round everywhere I can think of to try and get some of the pain killers, nowhere has got them. Finally tracked some similar ones down in Tesco, they are paracetamol and caffeine, the ones I usually get have asprin in as well, but these are better than nothing as my knees are so bluddy sore I can't tell you
Griff, I'm hoping the Diazepan helps your back and there are no Repercussions in embarrasing places
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2016, 01:47 PM
TW, i might nip to town tomorrow depending on what news i get from the vet or if he rings early or not!!! if i do go i will go and have a look for those tablets for you
I kind of get how being scared of a dog wou;d be a nightmare and i guess some dog owners are complete pillocks but if you have called your dog away and popped them on the lead for the people to not be worried...why on earth follow you? people are weird Lol
Awwww Mandy, Rosie doesn't want you to steal her smell!!! my pair need a bath but i am not lifting them, i have some of that pethead shampoo and deodorising spray so will use that
Lol as long as i don't whazz my pants in public i will be a happy griff lol...if it happens at training tonight i will blame the dog Lol spoke to my aunty, my cousin is 21 this week...she is like a feckin child, at 21 i was stepmum to 3 kids, had ruined my life by wrecking my knee at work and she is wanting a pony head birthday cake, her name and age in foil helium balloons, a ribbon to go across her car...my aunty looked at the cake, they wanted £100 to make her one...she is now on her way to the bakery my mum used, she has refused to get the ribbon for the car as she hasn't bought the car...my cousin has, they aren't even having a party and my aunty says it is special as she is 21 but she isn't going to blow a load of money on a cake that will end up in the bin...my aunty said if my cousin is looking for someone to blame for her birthday not being special enough, blame her ex as he dumped her not long before her birthday...they were due to be on holiday...can't believe how immature she is compared to me at that age!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2016, 02:14 PM
Well my view is that if I was so scared of something then I wouldn't go where there were likely to be a lot of them, say spiders, well not a chance I would go to a place that had lots of them in plain view!!! So why not go where there are not likely to be many of them about. That towpath is really narrow, they were just as likely to come face to face with someone with more than one dog, then what would she do, jump in the canal
As for the Birthday Girl,if she's never HAD to grow up, then she won't will she
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2016, 02:16 PM
Do hope the diazepam works Griff and no nasty incidents occur.

Some peopler silly if the dog is under control they have no worries. Good that the girls enjoyed their run.

Poor Rosie no doubt you will never know why she hates you to bath her but hopefully Lauryn can manage her.

Had a lovely walk through the local woods and fields (soon to be a housing estate) parts were still quite soft but most was rock hard. Have managed to dig up the bit of garden trodden down by the conservatory people just in time for the forecast rain. Now very overcast but still warm.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2016, 02:43 PM
TW, i swear people in this country have no common sense anymore...utterly convinced of it Lol. As for my cousin...well yes, she is a pathetic person really couldn't even go to my nans funeral as she might get too upset? faints if she goes into a hospital and a blood test....well you would think a limb was being amputated! she is very very selfish too, my aunty took care of my nan..did a fantastic job and my dad and myself are so pleased she did look after her, all the time that she had to dash to my nans when she was on her way out, she had to come home and do the washing, ironing, get dinner ready and her daughter was off school on study leave so could easily have whacked the washing on or bunged some dinner in the oven, i would be utterly ashamed of myself
Sue, you have been busy again...please don't say rain!!! i am loving my new chair and the sunshine
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-05-2016, 03:32 PM
Good day folks - hope everyone is still enjoying the sunshine and having a good day.
Just returned from the Vets where the Mem's old cat has had yet another injection for it's various ailments. It seems to rally each time but the time between jabs is getting shorter, the Mem is of the opinion that if he has to go again in the near future it will be the last round-up, fearing that his quality of life would not be good enough to continue. So it's now in the lap of the Kitty Gods as to whether he has one last summer or not.
Speaking of the Mem, she has just had an uncontrollable bout of the giggles when I read her Griff's comments on possible personal imperfections at dog training. She says she'll be chuckling about it for days - loves the expression "whazz!".
Off out now to carry on in the sunshine whilst it is still gracing us with it's presence, back later tonight, takle care all, bye fer now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2016, 04:39 PM
Evening everyone. Been a lovely day here in Norfolk again but a tad windy.
Saw some ducklings on the river today lovely to see them.
Beth popped round for coffee and we got to sit in the garden and we are off out for lunch Friday.

Sorry to hear about the mem's cat.
Hope bad backs etc., are on the mend.

June I will do some before and after pics of the bathroom have two of the original dining room when we had our first christmas here. Will get some more pics of how it is now then some more as the job progresses till its finished.
Hope everyone has had a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2016, 05:02 PM
The bathroom when it was a dining room. These are on one post as they came off photobucket. Will do another post for the ones off my phone.

Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2016, 05:24 PM
The building so far.
The bath will be opposite the sink and toilet. It will be a double ended bath (taps in the middle) Possible coming from the wall Gorden still working it out regards that. The first photo is a recess and faces the kitchen that is where the washing machine with a shelf over and the tumble drier on top will go and a dishwasher next to them.

Plus a couple of Dillon at the weekend enjoying Gorden being home.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160509_175220091.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	4993   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160509_175233521_HDR.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	4994   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160506_194641824.jpg
Views:	88