Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2007, 11:20 PM

Great news re. kitchen fitting...

We bought a kitchen before Christmas, but when I landed my new job the fitting got put on the long finger. We have asked a few local tradesmen for quotes, but we've had a really bad run of luck with them. The first guy was so rude to me on the phone that my OH called him back to give him a taste of his own medicine The second said he'd do us a quote and never got back to us (we did wonder whether he was related to the first ) and the third was just so flippin' laid back he'd take years get anything done.

So I just phoned my uncle (ex lorry-driver who decided to have a go at property-developing when he got made redundant last year) and it turns out he's just agreed the sale on the place they're in now, and is at loose end until they complete, so he's going to come and stay for a week or so to do it for us Hopefully my aunt will come too, at least for a bit, as she's off work for a bit at the moment (a whole other thread ) It'll be so much nicer having somebody we know and love (and trust with the dog!) doing the work. And I'm really pleased to give him the money instead of some shark
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2007, 06:03 AM
Brilliant news, don't forget the pics please!!! When is it happening?
How are you by the way???
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2007, 12:04 PM
OMG! John just phoned to say he'll arrive Monday evening so he can get started on Tuesday!!!

I'm really well Ailsa, thanks for asking. i just love my job these days - I've got a whole raft of nice little trips coming up this month (plus all these bank holidays!), so I'm feeling really spoilt! Chris and Bongo are both as lovely as ever, and I'm just sooo much happier than I was this time last year! How about you?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2007, 11:38 AM
All tootling along just fine ta!!!! Have managed to do a few pms supply and survive to tell the tale!!! We have a new arrival....
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2007, 08:12 PM
Aaaah! Four legs I take it...?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Blimey yes...actually since we last chatted we have 2.....
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female