Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2022, 06:45 AM

Sunny Saturday 8th October 2022

Morning all. Hope you all had a good evening. Also hope you all have a good day. Was watching Ralph and Katie last evening, back to back as football on. Such a lovely thing to watch. Sun is out so off for a wander. Byee.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-10-2022, 07:04 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Looks like it will be a nice day, we are off out today to pay the storage for a year for the caravan and off to the shop to get the ground sheet for the awning and a tow cover.

griff hugs. We went out one day in our convertible Joel and I had to take it in turns to sit on the back, we had to sit with our legs up on the seat stretched out.
Never again.
Enjoy your walk brenda.
Glad you managed the scooters Chris glad you have a rest from the job today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2022, 08:13 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

Happy shopping Lynn and enjoy your day Brenda

Pleased you managed to get everything in and out of the car Chris and good that Dave's sight is now good enough for him to drive.

Hope mum is still doing well Kelly. Just you take care of yourself too.

Lovely morning here. Teazzle walked but not doing much this morning. The hoard will be here for lunch then Paul and I are off looking at carpet for his hall and lounge and to get a piece of wood - something to do with tipping his fridge forward a bit so the door closes properly. Tomorrow I am out all day watching Maria in a gymnastics competition in Chichester so an early start as we have to be there for 10.30 am latest.

Hope all are well. Take care.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2022, 05:44 PM
Evening all

Busy busy busy here today. If you recall due to Gert's allergies Grass/seeds etc I replaced mine with artificial turf (not a great fan) but I needed to make her life as comfortable as possible.

So have bitten the bullet along with plan to sell and have removed artificial lawn in three places and replaced with turf today.

Brought the turf rolls for £1 a roll reduced from £6.25 bargain which I snapped up (the garden centre is closing due to owners' health caused/compounded apparently by HS2 work and worries.

So laid that today looks really good but early days the rain should help considerably. In the top of the garden put daff bulbs in under the turf. Will advise how this goes next year. Thinking "sale" so daffs are perfect in that.

Have advertised the artificial turf for sale so see how it goes.

Brenda I have recorded that programme and intend to watch glad you think it's good a nice watchable programme, I think. Was I right on the word yesterday? Have you considered tying a piece of string round the puppy owners' finger so you can tug to get the timing right LOL Have you seen or watched the TV programme 12 puppies and us? Watched last week Star Wars do you realise I saw first one in pictures never seen since but got quite into it last week so recording tonight's as well.

Chris Good Lord you are organised spurred on by your son's early arrival as Santa's helper of course. Hope all is going well for you how is Rosie?

Sue I assume your lad has adjusted the feet under the freezer I had to when I moved mine now door just slowly closes. But like his thinking I would have used something as simple as coasters. Hope you survived the horde.

Tumbleweed I was thinking/throwing out there that your granddaughter may possibly getting a pony not you and Sue. LOL

Lynn You are becoming as busy as Sue LOL Have a good day any news on puppy rescue front?

Griff Hope all is going well you need less stress but will when it all stops know what to do with yourself? You need a nice holiday away from it all. Hope your Mom is doing alright. Has your Dad by chance been checked for water infection it can cause confusion and memory loss.

Moyra Hope all is good
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2022, 05:48 AM
Kazz, lol.....I will have more than enough to keep me occupied, things that should be done but can't because of that pair......I will be playing catch up for months.
Unfortunately it's not a water infection, it's been going on for several years but it's getting much worse, apparently they worked it out that he was drinking about 100 units a week....I think it's something like 14-21 guidelines from NHS so well over and they believe he has frontal lobe shrinkage due to the amount of alcohol he drank.......he drank that amount for a lot of years probably around 30.
I had to have a word with him yesterday, rac were coming out and he was moaning that he was going to go out, when mum agreed he could come back the arrangement was 2 nights a week he could go out for a drink....max but if his mates on Friday were going out then that was an extra night,,....he went out Wednesday and Friday ( on his own) and then said to me he wanted to go out last night ( Saturday) I said "errrrrr no, you have had your 2 nights" and he just looked at me! He also made a comment that he doesn't see the point in getting dressed up to go for a pint, I take that as he thinks he can start going back to the local where that tramp is...... absolutely not! He seems to forget that I read the messages and the "cool it for a few months" is very fresh in my mind....... that's never going to happen and Christmas will be interesting as he usually goes up there Christmas Eve.