View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Yes, I'm just checking in for some good news today too! Hoping all is as well as can be expected if not better.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 02:24 PM
how is he doing today?? xx
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Just checking in here too, hope everything is ok with Ollie.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Am sending Ollie big cuddle ((xx)),hug to both of you too n healing thoughts (xx),
Originally Posted by boxerdoggem View Post
pleased to hear ollie is improving fingers crossed it gets better with each day x
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
How is the chap today?
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Yes, I'm just checking in for some good news today too! Hoping all is as well as can be expected if not better.
Afternoon Ollie's fan club.

He has been a bit brighter started yesterday afternoon after being quiet during the morning.

Today he has been bright and we saw an improvement in the walking the front gait is still all wrong but that is to be expected but he didn't seem to be quite so ataxic as yesterday. Back legs a lot steadier as well. He has been eating from his raised stand again for the past three days so that is also an improvement. We popped out and he was in his usual place by the french doors waiting for us to come in. We let him out to greet us he was more wobbly than earlier the roll is back to where it was yesterday and his back legs were not nearly as steady and he sat and then laid down much earlier than he had done yesterday. It seems to wax and wane and if it is what Nadia was trying to explain about the nerves this will happen. All in all mentally he is happier so for now that will do.

Still one day a at a time with him Still awaiting arrival of steroids do not expect to see them till Tuesday. Nadia is off from the 1st and back on the 4th so I will e-mail her in a bit with how things are going today and hopefully she will see it before going off duty and she will be in touch when back and from there we will decide if he is making enough progress for now without the steroids or if we need to start them to see if they will boost him back to maybe being able to take short strolls out.

We are little more optimistic but not counting our chickens yet we are still thinking long term and if he will recover enough to warrant a decent quality of life.

For now though things do not seem as gloomy as this time last week. Physically he has a long way to go and may not make it but mentally for now he is coping so while he copes we do.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
how is he doing today?? xx
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Just checking in here too, hope everything is ok with Ollie.

You hopped on while I was typing war and peace.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm glad you are all feeling brighter.
I am positive that I will soon be able to get excited.

melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 02:44 PM
all seems to be going in the right direction, slowly but surely xx
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Glad to see there has been another small improvement Keeping it going Ollie
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I'm glad you are all feeling brighter.
I am positive that I will soon be able to get excited.

Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
all seems to be going in the right direction, slowly but surely xx
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Glad to see there has been another small improvement Keeping it going Ollie
Thank you all.

Hard keeping a lid on it isn't Jenny. I think I am at the point now where I know it can go one of two ways and which ever way it is I cannot change it. So keep bright keep upbeat and if he recovers to be well enough to lead a good quality of life wonderful if he doesn't neither Gorden or myself could of done anymore or anything any differently he has had a fighting chance thanks to a wonderful vets and neurosurgeon. I am amazed he tolerated being in hospital as long as he did without any problems I really did not think Ollie would manage that but thanks to so many dedicated people it was possible.

So however long we have left with him be it long, short or a reasonable amount of time we make the most of him love him and do our best for him. We can do no more than that.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Just checking in to send big cuddle to Ollie((xx)) am glad he's doing well and bright in himself, hugs to you both too(x)
Page 95 of 123 « First < 45 85 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 105 > Last »