Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2009, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Thanks Harvey. Peaceful night last night so hopefully the additional meds will stabilise her. She's curled up on my pillow at the moment sound asleep bless her.
Great news to go to work on, hope it continues, Ill check back later.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2009, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Great news to go to work on, hope it continues, Ill check back later.
Thanks Dawn. xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2009, 08:06 AM
So sorry to have logged on and seen this thread Jackie...my thoughts are with you...I don't know how I would cope if it were happening to one of my darlings.

Fingers crossed that her meds get her sorted out soon and that you can start to relax a bit again.

Please give her a huge hug from me xxxxxxx
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-01-2009, 09:10 AM
When the meds begin to work, everything will be so natural that nobody will know, unless you tell them!

Snorri-dog lived on Phenobarb for 7 years and enjoyed those years as much as he would have done without the epilepsy.

You would only have guessed by seeing him being fed his bits of spiked sausage twice a day.

However you get the meds into your dog, keep it regular. As I said in my article here, if fits come at a particular time, arrange it so that "fit time" sees the meds at a max in the bloodstream. EG: phenobarb is at a max about 1.5 - 2 hours after ingestion, so if Fido usually fits at 9pm, slip him the med at 7pm.

Snorri always fitted at about 11pm, so we fed him his evening dose at 9.30.

HTH
Snorri
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Sory to hear about Cassie Jackie, glad to of read she has settled again now. (((Hugs))) to you all. Xx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
So sorry to have logged on and seen this thread Jackie...my thoughts are with you...I don't know how I would cope if it were happening to one of my darlings.

Fingers crossed that her meds get her sorted out soon and that you can start to relax a bit again.

Please give her a huge hug from me xxxxxxx
Thanks Sheree. Hug has been delivered.xxxxx

Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
When the meds begin to work, everything will be so natural that nobody will know, unless you tell them!

Snorri-dog lived on Phenobarb for 7 years and enjoyed those years as much as he would have done without the epilepsy.

You would only have guessed by seeing him being fed his bits of spiked sausage twice a day.

However you get the meds into your dog, keep it regular. As I said in my article here, if fits come at a particular time, arrange it so that "fit time" sees the meds at a max in the bloodstream. EG: phenobarb is at a max about 1.5 - 2 hours after ingestion, so if Fido usually fits at 9pm, slip him the med at 7pm.

Snorri always fitted at about 11pm, so we fed him his evening dose at 9.30.

HTH
Snorri
Thanks Snorri. I've read your article and taken note of everything.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Sory to hear about Cassie Jackie, glad to of read she has settled again now. (((Hugs))) to you all. Xx
Thanks Lynn xx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2009, 12:17 PM
John's just texted to say all is well at home. Cassie had a good walk this morning and is all tucked up beside him with her feet in the air as normal. She's taking her meds like a good girl. Hopefully we can breathe easier soon.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2009, 01:55 PM
So pleased to be reading this latest news Jackie, especially that last statement about the "feet in the air" coz you know what that means!!! Phew! Panic over then, we'll all just have to keep everything permanently crossed that this never happens again to such a sweet little lady as Cassie.xxxxx Take care, some more ((((((((((((hugs))))))))) coz I'm sure you feel both mentally and physically drained by now Iknow I would. Take care.xxxxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
John's just texted to say all is well at home. Cassie had a good walk this morning and is all tucked up beside him with her feet in the air as normal. She's taking her meds like a good girl. Hopefully we can breathe easier soon.
Great news, J. Delighted to hear it
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2009, 02:17 PM
phew! bless her and you! lets hope this is her sorted now shes sucha sweetheart x
Page 9 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 >