Our sister sites
Our sister sites
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Glad you have survived Sue and I hope you are soon back on a normal diet
Thanks Jen - so do I. Why is it when you can't eat one you always fancy a big juicy steak Raspberries and ice cream for later though
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Chocolate is quite nice to suck
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Chocolate is quite nice to suck
That actually crossed my mind - just wish I had some magnums in the freezer
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Well done Sue, I can't believe you can eat pringles. I am still on soft foods. Mind you I have no teeth in. I am back off to the dentist on Monday as I just can't wear my teeth, they are either somebody elses teeth or they need adjustment, hopefully the latter. I have resorted to putting my part dentures in today and sticking them in with poligrip coz they just fall out. lol. At least I have been able to eat some Spaghetti Bolognese tonight.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Oh well done Sue, you'll never look back now, you'll just be looking in that mirror admiring your new set of gnashers! Good luck for next time then, and when it's all over just think, you'll only ever be going to the dentist for regular check ups which are quite painless. When I first had my set of half dentures (coz I had most of the backs out), it was a great feeling watching him drilling them to customise them for me and I felt nothing! Lol! No more pain for me now (hope that isn't the kiss of death coz I've still got my fronts!).

So sorry to hear about yours Heather, it shouldn't be like that, they should fit like a glove, especially the top, mine are stuck like glue up there I have a job pulling them off my palate, it's all down to the technician they use who makes them, so I'd complain about them if I were you, I'm on my 2nd new sets top and bottom and none of them have been like yours sound Either that or your dentist should be able to customise them to fit properly. Good luck with them and your ulcers, they're not good. That Fixodent is good for slapping on the plate over the ulcer, it cushions it, you could try that if you want to eat instead of suck everything. I can eat pork crackling now, whereas with years of abcesses that was a big no no for me! My dentist disapproves of me eating pork crackling with them, so I keep that to myself now
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Hi Sue
Have just spent all night looking for special loo paper for you.
Have found some which is very soft,treated with Aloe Vera and is scented with Magnums-as you posted that you wished you had some in the freezer.
Hope you enjoyed your Pringles and WELL DONE for being so brave
Maureen

P.S Have posted on the Health section tonight about my Buster -if you would have a look - he needs some Dogsey support tomorrow.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 04:57 PM
How are you today Sue?
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Well done Sue, I can't believe you can eat pringles. I am still on soft foods. Mind you I have no teeth in. I am back off to the dentist on Monday as I just can't wear my teeth, they are either somebody elses teeth or they need adjustment, hopefully the latter. I have resorted to putting my part dentures in today and sticking them in with poligrip coz they just fall out. lol. At least I have been able to eat some Spaghetti Bolognese tonight.
Sorry your teeth are not right. As you say probably just need adjustment. Good luck on Monday.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh well done Sue, you'll never look back now, you'll just be looking in that mirror admiring your new set of gnashers! Good luck for next time then, and when it's all over just think, you'll only ever be going to the dentist for regular check ups which are quite painless. When I first had my set of half dentures (coz I had most of the backs out), it was a great feeling watching him drilling them to customise them for me and I felt nothing! Lol! No more pain for me now (hope that isn't the kiss of death coz I've still got my fronts!).

So sorry to hear about yours Heather, it shouldn't be like that, they should fit like a glove, especially the top, mine are stuck like glue up there I have a job pulling them off my palate, it's all down to the technician they use who makes them, so I'd complain about them if I were you, I'm on my 2nd new sets top and bottom and none of them have been like yours sound Either that or your dentist should be able to customise them to fit properly. Good luck with them and your ulcers, they're not good. That Fixodent is good for slapping on the plate over the ulcer, it cushions it, you could try that if you want to eat instead of suck everything. I can eat pork crackling now, whereas with years of abcesses that was a big no no for me! My dentist disapproves of me eating pork crackling with them, so I keep that to myself now

Must admit have been smiling at myself in the mirror more than usual today

Agree what you say re Heather's teeth. Mine fit really snugly.

Originally Posted by Ollies mum View Post
Hi Sue
Have just spent all night looking for special loo paper for you.
Have found some which is very soft,treated with Aloe Vera and is scented with Magnums-as you posted that you wished you had some in the freezer.
Hope you enjoyed your Pringles and WELL DONE for being so brave
Maureen

P.S Have posted on the Health section tonight about my Buster -if you would have a look - he needs some Dogsey support tomorrow.
Loo paper sounds ideal I went to bed early so didn't see your post re Buster - have now though. Everything crossed here that he will be ok.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
How are you today Sue?
We must have posted at the same time more or less. I'm fine thanks Heather - couple of pain killers this morning and that's it. Just had watercress salad with trout and brown rice - delicious. Little bit of blood on pillow this morning and was a bit scared when I had to take them out this morning to clean and give myself a salt mouth wash but all fine and keep forgetting they are there, except when I look in the mirror Hope all goes well on Monday and you can get them fitted properly.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Good luck Heather for tomorrow and hope they find your teeth
Page 9 of 13 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »