Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 07:49 PM

She's a nutter!! Wonder where she gets if from
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Evening Sally. I hope a lie down in the sick bay has made you feel better after all those choccies.
Awwww I love Bella's den makes me want to join her.
I think you made the right decision to curl up and watch videos and let Lucia do the housework. I need a Lucia to do my packing.
As long as its not me having to chase up the conveyancer working for us I don't really mind who does it.
I was a conveyancers secretary back in the 70's. We dealt with mostly new builds.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Oh what a little poser!! She really is a dear dog, and that pheasant is the same toy that our last dog Bitz was buried with............the one that squeaked as his lordship did the final tamping down of the soil It frightened the life out of us and changed the tears to howls of laughter
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
We have had torrential rain today Sorry, not much use to you is it Tang

It's funny isn't it - each dog we have is the best boy, or the best girl and although we will never ever forget any of them, sometimes we find ourselves surprised by a complete pillock that totally steals our hearts.

I suspect that Bella needs you just as much as you need her, but she is damned if she is going to show it.
I think you've summed it up perfickly Bitkin!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Oh what a little poser!! She really is a dear dog, and that pheasant is the same toy that our last dog Bitz was buried with............the one that squeaked as his lordship did the final tamping down of the soil It frightened the life out of us and changed the tears to howls of laughter
Oh Bitkin I dunno whether to laugh or cry at that story! The pheasant does have a LOUD squeaker!

I'm now thinking of what I included with my beloved Charlie Girl. Oh Geezus these dogs break your heart don't they?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Hi Sally *discreetly places silver sick bowl on Sally's bed cos I know how she would hate those cardboard jobbies from the cupboard in here* serves ya right!!! Now why did you have to go and mention that d word, just as it was getting furthest from my mind, I can't believe it's a whole week tomorrow since that fateful day, doesn't time fly when you're painfree again. Lol at you flying round that corner on 2 wheels, the last thing you expected to see was a man with a stick poking some cows

June, I doubt Asda will have it, it's more a car accessory shop you want for serious petrol heads who would know how to take the brakes off to clean them, I would have thought. Asda will only have the basics for cleaning body parts I would imagine. Try Halfords, they're bound to have it, or hopefully, there's a proper car accessory shop on the bone run or summat.

Pat, what you say about your dear Bella, is just what I have here with Zena, I was only thinking it this morning, she's like my best mate, sometimes to the point of being psychic, but far more likeable cos she doesn't answer me back or drag me places I don't want to go!

Oh this bladdy phone today, if it's gone once, it's gone 20 times, and then just as I prepare something to eat and sit down, off it goes again, but when they started leaving a message, I had to stop eating cos it was my neighbour the other side wanting me to help her do her letter of objection tomorrow for that other neighbour cos he said I'm good at it. She's coming here tomorrow night now and we'll do it on my puter, cos she has spiders in her house and I would be too jittery to type in her house. She had one in the shower this morning she told me I asked her if it said "pass the soap" lol!

Just had a game of hide and seek with Zena with some little fish stick squares, oh how she loves that game, but she's too darn good at it, no matter where I hide them. At one point, I actually had her in a 4 minute wait in the hallway whilst I was pretending to hide it, I timed it on the clock before calling her in the lounge, and she came charging in, rugs flying in the air on the wooden floor, she's such a card this dog 5 mins of that and she's totally zonked out now thank goodness.

Night night all, been a busy day mentally which is far more tiring than all that housework I did this morning, and guess what, I STILL haven't rung that friend I wanted to ring at 4 o'clock!!!

*leaves large box of 90% dark chocs for Sally for the morning*
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2013, 08:00 PM
You are wicked tempting Sally with choccies.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Ahem! Helena!

We don't talk about SPIDERS when we are kicking back my friend.

Not when I got bitten by not only the worst spider in Cyprus but one of the worst in the WORLD the Brown Recluse back in January

Behave yerself will ya!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Hi all
I didn't think I'd ever get back on here today but I've only just managed it as its taken me so long to read through everyone's posts and can I remember them all ........... After lunch my OH and I went to look at material for me to recover the seat and backs of our kitchen table. We must have looked at over a 1000 different materials and couldn't see any we liked .... until I found the end of roll of the exact same material I bought about 10 years ago which we both really like. What a result. I've spent the afternoon covering one seat cover and sewing the pocket for the back. One chair done, and another 3 to go. We also had an appointment with the accountant which I had forgotten about. We still have our 'lodger' staying here and there appears no attempt in him looking for somewhere else. I've told my son (who is really keen to get his lounge back) that I'd quite like him to have found somewhere else within the next week.

Moyra - Joedee is right in that Lhasa Apsos can be quite stubborn but no more so than a lot of small dogs. They are quite wilful and the trouble is as they are little and ever so cute as puppies people often don't take training so seriously. Moyra, they do make the most wonderful companions and I had my Lhasa for over 15 years ... she was sweetest most affectionate dog I'd ever had. Don't right them off as a suitable breed ..... so long as you don't mind all the grooming.
L.S. - I do hope your two children are feeling better and back at school tomorrow. Happy Birthday for Loki tomorrow.
Sally - Thanks for that little gem about the Jazz. I don't drive like a little old person However, I did hear on the news earlier that a herd of cows has been run down and killed by someone in a Jazz doing 3 mph
Lynn - Still hoping that the solicitors and EA's pull their fingers out with the move before you start to get cold feet.

Hi to everyone else
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Bloke I managed to eventually find (and he was their 'expert' apparently) said WD40 may work, he was holding this tin of spray paint that I had already looked at, but saying he didn't know if it WOULD work after I had cleaned what I could off...so none the wiser really.
Had to laugh 'cos you get that at B&Q all the time 'tho to be fair they can't know about everything and a few I've spoken to have tried to be helpful.

As woodwork is one of my hobbies I would offer the following :-

First you need to try and find out what the finish is now, there's quite a selection e.g. varnish, tung oil (or something with a lot of tung oil in it) oil based paints, water based paints, laquer, french polish (probably not as this has gone out of fashion and is a very labour intensive finish) and in the last fifteen years acrylic finishes applied with automated spray equipment (much like the car manufacturers use)

I haven't read all your posts but it sounds to me like the stain has got under the finish so to remove it properly you need to remove the finish, clean off the stain, and then re-finish the top, but unfortunately to do that you need to know what the finish is and that is not easy.

Do you know any woodworking people or firms who could make a top to just fit over the existing one, this would enable you to specify what colour you wanted (they could paint it prior to fitting) and it would then match the 'new look' that you want for the room.

Just a thought

ETA:-
Just read Helena's tip about the brake cleaner, if it comes in a spray can then that should do the trick, and please let us know and I'll buy some.
Page 9 of 14 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »