View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Awww bless you sorry Jess has got to go for major surgery, I know you will worry like mad, so sending you hugs now and everyday xxx Hopefully this will give her a new lease of life and you will look back and think it was all worth it x
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Just want to wish you lots of love and luck for the forthcoming op. Try to enjoy Christmas and look forward to Jess coming through this with less pain.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2007, 08:01 AM
Sorry to hear about Jess.
Sending (((Hugs))) to you all.xx I am sure after the op she will feel a lot better and be back to being a happy bouncy normal Newfie.
Just the thought of her having to go through it must be horrible though,I know I would be feeling the same.xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2007, 09:15 AM
Just read your thread poor you. I had a staffy back in early 90's and had one cruciate done in 'L' back leg, had sutres along leg and had to watch carefully re excise (lead only) for 2 weeks, then could do little more (and so on) after around 8 weeks our Vet was vvv pleased so given all clear. 2 weeks later the other went 'R' back leg.......you guessed it same procedure, Vet told me this is common in dogs that used their back legs to push off (sprinters) i.e common in dogs like Staffys were back legs are powerful. However the dog was much better after and never had anymore trouble. 100%. Hope all goes well
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Just read your thread poor you. I had a staffy back in early 90's and had one cruciate done in 'L' back leg, had sutres along leg and had to watch carefully re excise (lead only) for 2 weeks, then could do little more (and so on) after around 8 weeks our Vet was vvv pleased so given all clear. 2 weeks later the other went 'R' back leg.......you guessed it same procedure, Vet told me this is common in dogs that used their back legs to push off (sprinters) i.e common in dogs like Staffys were back legs are powerful. However the dog was much better after and never had anymore trouble. 100%. Hope all goes well
Poor you and poor staffy, what a terrible ordeal to go through!

My friends newf had the first op on one leg and was told the other would probabley go and if it did in the recovery period the dog would probable be pts. Thankfully it never did and that was years ago.,

Jess has not been good today, she has been in a lot of pain. Called the vet earlier and we have now increased her pain killers. Bless, it is so horrible seeing her like this, i would much rather see her charging around recking my house She is now sleeping and i have gone out tonight and bought her a big back of toys which i am hoping she will take a little bit of interest in tomorrow.

Thanks everyone else for your kind thoughts!
Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8