Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Thank you. He is so funny he would normally get up and find you when he wanted a fuss, but it is a bit of an effort now so he does this silly little yip so you try him with his bowl of water no, we know he doesn't need feeding had his tea. He wants you to get on the floor and give him cuddles so he can go to sleep. Obviously we are happy to oblige. I love burying my face in his soft silky coat.
Oh that made me smile Lynn - a lovely thought x

Continuing my positive thoughts for you and Ollie - and plenty of hugs x
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Can you get on the floor with him and give him a cuddle for me too please
Enjoy your time with him and you have a time frame of how things will go, so no matter what the outcome, each day with him is going to be extra special.
Try not to focus on the future, just enjoy him and love him and all the rest comes in time.
Hugs to you and Ollie, he is a lucky boy to have such a great human mum xxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
When Leo entered the stage in his life when it meant I had to do so much more for him, I remember thinking that this is the tiniest way I can try and pay him back for the many 'gifts' he'd given me, my children and many others over the years. A couple of people were uncomfortable with Leo's disability and it saddened me that they couldn't see that I knew my dog and that he was happy and fulfilled. When the time came I knew it and Leo was dignified and happy right until the end.

Massive hugs to you Lynn, you know your boy better than anyone and I just know that you will do right by him. xxxxxxx
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Oh that made me smile Lynn - a lovely thought x

Continuing my positive thoughts for you and Ollie - and plenty of hugs x
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
Can you get on the floor with him and give him a cuddle for me too please
Enjoy your time with him and you have a time frame of how things will go, so no matter what the outcome, each day with him is going to be extra special.
Try not to focus on the future, just enjoy him and love him and all the rest comes in time.
Hugs to you and Ollie, he is a lucky boy to have such a great human mum xxxx
Thank you all.

I will be down on the floor later for cuddles so will give him his cuddles from all his Dogsey aunties. I tell him where they come from.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Am glad Ollie enjoyed his 'cuppa' Lynn and to see Tupacs advice re. fluids (I didn't mean any harm by suggesting it), sending big cuddle to Ollie and hugs to you both, healing thoughts always x
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Just checking in Lynn and sending some hugs for you and Ollie. I like many others will keep praying for the Christmas Miracle you and your family so long to happen (and of course all your dogsey pals too )

Enjoy each day as it unfolds Lynn and tomorrow may bring a change or it may not but you can deal with that tomorrow x
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Lynn, you poor thing. If you pass on all the hugs his Dogsey Aunties send, you must be on the floor 24/7!! But before you get up, pass on another one from me and Tilly. xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Am glad Ollie enjoyed his 'cuppa' Lynn and to see Tupacs advice re. fluids (I didn't mean any harm by suggesting it), sending big cuddle to Ollie and hugs to you both, healing thoughts always x
He didn't get a chance for the cuppa he started to drink his water like a good boy. But I will bear it in mind for the future if he decides not to drink.

Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Just checking in Lynn and sending some hugs for you and Ollie. I like many others will keep praying for the Christmas Miracle you and your family so long to happen (and of course all your dogsey pals too )

Enjoy each day as it unfolds Lynn and tomorrow may bring a change or it may not but you can deal with that tomorrow x
Thank you so much he has been a little more active today I have been out but Gorden says he has.

Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Lynn, you poor thing. If you pass on all the hugs his Dogsey Aunties send, you must be on the floor 24/7!! But before you get up, pass on another one from me and Tilly. xx
I will do I get up occasionally.

Now I had noticed something over the last few days but had kept it to myself and then Gorden said to me earlier that Michael had mentioned to him that Ollie is getting smaller he really does seem to be shrinking.

So if his head had deteriorated like it has in the last two months maybe this is what the rest of the muscles are doing now.

We are enjoying each day with him. If things turn around that will be marvelous if they don't we will have spent so much quality time with him that hopefully we will feel no remorse if we have to take a route that does not bear thinking about.

Your continued support is really appreciated.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Just checking in for an update, and very pleased to hear that Gorden noticed a slight change for the better today, then I read on and it wasn't so good. You will notice things like that more than anyone else, you're closer to him than anyone else has been, so you're bound to, but could it just be that with all he's been through, not eating regularly, it's just a matter of some drastic weight loss Lynn? Everything takes time, and if he wasn't eating properly (which he wasn't) the body starts to use what it has, and again, it takes time for that to be noticed? I know, I'm clutching at straw again here for you, but I'm hoping I'm right.

Lol at you there lying on the floor telling him who all these gentle cuddles are from (I bet you really DO though don'tcha!!!).

Well, he's been a bit more active today, he's drunk lots, he's eaten well, so what more could you wish for! I know the answer to that only too well, but at least he's heading in the right direction, be it at a slow pace, so keep that chin up for your beautiful boy.xxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Just checking in for an update, and very pleased to hear that Gorden noticed a slight change for the better today, then I read on and it wasn't so good. You will notice things like that more than anyone else, you're closer to him than anyone else has been, so you're bound to, but could it just be that with all he's been through, not eating regularly, it's just a matter of some drastic weight loss Lynn? Everything takes time, and if he wasn't eating properly (which he wasn't) the body starts to use what it has, and again, it takes time for that to be noticed? I know, I'm clutching at straw again here for you, but I'm hoping I'm right.

Lol at you there lying on the floor telling him who all these gentle cuddles are from (I bet you really DO though don'tcha!!!).

Well, he's been a bit more active today, he's drunk lots, he's eaten well, so what more could you wish for! I know the answer to that only too well, but at least he's heading in the right direction, be it at a slow pace, so keep that chin up for your beautiful boy.xxxx
Ha ha Helena you know me too well.

He did eat well in the hospital Nadia said he would eat all the time if he was allowed. Which I know only to well.

It was the Thursday evening that he was struck down with this that he didn't eat.
Chin keeping up.
Vicki_Ann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Sending some floor cuddles for Ollie.

I haven't been on the forum for a few days and hoped for better news, but it seems you are taking every day as it comes as is Ollie and it's so lovely that he is home and getting all he needs from you and Gorden.

Your boy may yet surprise you. Sounds like Ollie is in the best possible place and with the best possible people - his loving family.
Page 70 of 123 « First < 20 60 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 80 120 > Last »