Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
That's a big PLUS - when they like the vet. Bella liked going to our vet until he had to remove an ingrowing hair on her back. Mind you he did it without any freezing or anything - and it involved him shaving squeezing prodding and pulling with tweezers and final squeezing til it bled. And she was an ANGEL the whole time (but then bit him when he reappeared with a worming tablet for her lol!) as if to say 'DON'T PUSH YOUR LUCK!'

She now isn't so keen to go in but is OK once inside and on the table.

My last Cavvy managed to gain the strength of an elephant when anywhere near the vet premises in an effort to stay OUT. I always had to carry her inside and used to wait outside with her and get them to call me on my mobile to let me know it was her turn - to minimise the nervous breakdown period spend in the waiting room!
Ouch! That sounds painful for poor Bella! And bless your Cavvy, good job you could carry her in. There was a lady outside with a large dog the other week that dug it's claws in not wanting to go in and I actually thought how thankful I was that my 2 love going there.
xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-08-2013, 09:55 AM
I am delighted to hear that Fred's check up went well and that the vet was pleased with his ear - so nice that he did not charge you for the visit either!

(((hugs))) for all, I think!
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I am delighted to hear that Fred's check up went well and that the vet was pleased with his ear - so nice that he did not charge you for the visit either!

(((hugs))) for all, I think!
Thanks Malka
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by Fred&Mya'smum View Post
Ouch! That sounds painful for poor Bella! And bless your Cavvy, good job you could carry her in. There was a lady outside with a large dog the other week that dug it's claws in not wanting to go in and I actually thought how thankful I was that my 2 love going there.
xx
You shoulda just SEEN my last GSD when at the vets lol! I ain't kidding - she would tremble like a complete wimp and jump up on my lap in the waiting room and hide her face under my armpit! Oh you've got me thinking about her now - super dog. Still miss her after 20 odd years.
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 10:05 AM
You shoulda just SEEN my last GSD when at the vets lol! I ain't kidding - she would tremble like a complete wimp and jump up on my lap in the waiting room and hide her face under my armpit! Oh you've got me thinking about her now - super dog. Still miss her after 20 odd years.
Aw bless her, sounds like she was a sweetheart. I bet you have some lovely memories of her, big hugs. It's only been 8 years since we lost our very first dog we owned but I still think about her all the time, she was a cracking dog too. xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Never forget them do you. But then they are 'members of your family' and I'm sure you'd never forget any two legged members of your family after they've gone either.

I'm not sad thinking of my past dogs - it made me smile remembering how this huge GSD would leap onto my lap to save her at the vet!
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Never forget them do you. But then they are 'members of your family' and I'm sure you'd never forget any two legged members of your family after they've gone either.

I'm not sad thinking of my past dogs - it made me smile remembering how this huge GSD would leap onto my lap to save her at the vet!
Yep so true, it really annoys me when people say oh it's just a dog.
It's so nice remembering them, Della was a horrible evil puppy that blossomed into a fantastic dog, I often say to my 2 now, Della wouldn't of done that haha. So funny how different in characters they all are.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Fred&Mya'smum View Post
Yep so true, it really annoys me when people say oh it's just a dog.
It's so nice remembering them, Della was a horrible evil puppy that blossomed into a fantastic dog, I often say to my 2 now, Della wouldn't of done that haha. So funny how different in characters they all are.

I'd like a pound or a euro for every time I said to Bella 'Charlie Girl was a LAYDEE! She could have taught you a thing or two about manners!'
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 10:23 AM

I'd like a pound or a euro for every time I said to Bella 'Charlie Girl was a LAYDEE! She could have taught you a thing or two about manners!'
haha
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7