Our sister sites
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post

Windeze gel caps
Thanks for suggesting these.
Iv'e had no experience of bloat but after reading this experience I have ordered some Wind-eze gel caps from Amazon.
Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it can't so I'll have some on standby if ever needed.[scary]
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by katygeorge View Post
well im off to boots for my infacol on my lunch as that is what the nurse suggested so will feel a little safer with some handy, especially not she cant have a torsion only a bloat,

That is what I have in my car and in my house. Infacol and Windeze are the main simethicone containing products available OTC

From what im gathering a bloat although still dangerous isnt as much as a torsion as my master class in bloat consisted of getting alot of infacol in to phoebe and walking her untill she is either sick or has a big poo. and go to vets in neither happen within 10 mins.

What do you all think about that?

Good idea, as the simethicone is designed to speed up the rate at which the gas leaves the body, either by eructation (burp) or the other end!

i would still go to vets, but i suppose its handy to know should i ever be stuck or far away
If your dog bloats another time, you can give this and then ring up vet, and as there should be no danger of torsion now that she has had a gastropexy the vet may just tube the dog and you can deflate her.

Hope all goes well
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Everything crossed Phoebe continues to keep improving and is home very soon.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 12:36 PM
If your dog bloats another time, you can give this and then ring up vet, and as there should be no danger of torsion now that she has had a gastropexy the vet may just tube the dog and you can deflate her.

Hope all goes well
Thanks smokey, not sure i like the idea of deflating my dog but did make me giggle and i could use a giggle.

Thankyou so much to everybody for your well wishes. Will post a few photos of her when shes home so you can have a look at the stitches- if u want. I like seeing surgery wounds but im just plain weird
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-12-2011, 02:04 PM
It will be written Simeticone in France
Thanks SB

Thanks KatyGeorge for this thread...it has raised awareness in a lot of us, so at least some good has come from your trauma.

Note to self: buy shares in company making Infacol...
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Also for anyone interested.
Spotted today in Wilkinsons store "wind setlers"
Pkt 24 gel caps.
Each gel cap contains 100 mgs. Simeticone.
Price £2.10
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Sorry in advance katygeorge, as obviously your dog's near miss has sparked this, but that post did make me larf.

I can see chemists and supermerkets being denuded of simethicone containing products; mothers being kept awake at night be colicky infants, people with indigestion clutching their stomachs....................

Sorry.......
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2011, 03:14 PM
What a terrible ordeal for you and for Phoebe!

Sending you a BIG HUG and sending Phoebe get well wishes from our dog Buster
Im so glad that she is on the mend and hope you soon have her home

Thinking of you both
Maureen
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Oh my god. What a scare you must have had. I can only imagine. This is one of my biggest fears.

I'm so glad she is on the mend xx
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Sorry in advance katygeorge, as obviously your dog's near miss has sparked this, but that post did make me larf.

I can see chemists and supermerkets being denuded of simethicone containing products; mothers being kept awake at night be colicky infants, people with indigestion clutching their stomachs....................

Sorry.......
its ok smokey im managing to laugh at mysef abit over it now aswell, i keep seeing myself driving like a mad thing beeping my horn and standing in the vets crying with my pj's and slippers on in front of a full waiting room of people its also a bit of laugh or cry. But im smart enough to know nobody is laughing at phoebe having a torsion just a bit of the crazy and the aftermath
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7