26-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Yeah but she matches the Pegs to the Washing as well
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Afternoon ..... nearly evening all ,

Wow nearly 6 pages of posts to catch up on Maybe 7 by the time I've posted
It has been the most beautiful sunny day here today with blue sky I got lots of washing done but discovered when I went round the side of the house to hang it out that our carousel was lying on the grass covered in silt Ended up putting it all on airers and leaving it out in our courtyard .... fortunately hidden from view of neighbours I took the dogs out again late morning with a friend and then enjoyed a catch up over coffee back here. I spent the afternoon in the riverside garden scraping all the moss off the little wall by the river and then sweeping it with a stiff brush. Flash is very partial to eating moss and I was worried that when they can eventually go out there that he'd eat the contaminated moss. That took about an hour and can hardly stand upright now I then went in to the roadside garden and let the dogs have a race around and oh boy did they race around. I eventually had to stop them as I was worried about Flash and his over worked heart. Both have been fed and are spark out in front of the fire that my OH has just lit.

It is now 5.50 and its still not dark .... wonderful.

Helena I'm glad your hair colouring went well and it may well be worth getting that young girl to try cutting it.
Mandy Sorry to hear about your shift last night ... that must have been awful and well done for standing up for yourself but even so it must have been horrible having some man shouting at you
Gordon That poor chicken but as you say it was instant and she was enjoying herself at the time ..... what more could one ask for. Why are you burning her remains and not eating her? ....maybe she was a pet and eating her would be too upsetting. My OH use to make remarks about me being on this forum so much, but I think he's finally got use to it Not good though if your OH thinks you are on a dogging site
Daisy Lovely photos and are you hoping to build on the plot of land you bought? So sorry your folks are leaving and I bet it went really quickly as you clearly all had a wonderful time. You mentioned that they are coming home to sell up and move .... are they moving to Canada to be with you I loved the shot of Daisy doing her impression of a dead dog ............... nothing like a spot of sun for a girl to stretch out in
Nippy I hope Brian's foot is on the mend ..... it looks soooo painful
Rosebud What a beautiful cat Feral cats over here tend to be dark tabby or tortoiseshell .... nothing like as pretty as the one in your photo. Many years ago I rescued a feral kitten that had been abandoned by its Mum when I lived in the New Forest. I hand reared it and had her for 14 years. She was actually a dark tortoiseshell and those tufts at the end of her ears.
Malka I had to laugh at Pereg tucking in to cat kibble She must have thought her birthday had arrived .... a run around and playtime with another dog AND a free snack
Elaine My best mate has OCD and if I'm there will ask me to hang her washing out as it takes her so long and there wouldn't be time for a coffee and a chat if she did it. Last time I did it I had to pop back there a few hours later and she had rehung the whole lot in her special orderly way Everything she does has to be done in threes ... tapping the fridge door when she leaves the room three times, pushing the front door to check its closed etc etc. I find OCD absolutely fascinating and have watched so many programmes on it now.
Lacey All I can say is hellloooo to you because I can't remember what you said but remember seeing lots of posts .... I'll have to read back on them in a minute

Hi to everyone else that I haven't mentioned but six pages was quite a lot to catch up on
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 06:18 PM
Evening

Helena - that van break didn't last long for you did it?

Nippy - Oh God, that foot.

I showed my mum and brother the guitar I've got for my dad and they think it's great. I could barely get it out of my brother's hands - why do guitarists always start fiddling with the tuning as soon as they get hold of a guitar?

I am thinking of giving it to him on Saturday - I can't wait until April!

I have Carys' friend coming round after school for pizza so I will be shut in the kitchen while they play One Direction and shriek and giggle. I only have a radio in the kitchen so I won't even be able to play Larry Miller.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Evening all

Blooming heck it's cold tonight.

Hope this finds you all well. Helena, Nice one about the hair cut.

Malka, sounds like you had a lovely day too.

I've had quite a nice day. CDT was good, the girl I helped thought I was 'amazing' cause I took 5 minutes to turn something on a lathe for her cause her last one went missing (I have a horrible feeling that some of the horrible brats in her class 'lost' it). I will be doing the same for the cerebral palsy boy in the same class cause he is just so far behind but refuses any help. But some stuff he needs help with.

The rest of the day was good. Got home though and Brian in a mood so staying upstairs out of the way.

Hot dogs with chilli tonight Oh and some cheese on the chilli
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Jenny - couldn't bring myself to eat old "Blackie" not just a case of sentiment, although I wouldn't be that into eating something that has a name. She was also v.old, you see I can't bring myself to do away with anything just because it is old (and she hadn't laid an egg in years) so even if I had felt the need to be cannibalistic, I probably couldn't have afforded the amount of gas needed to make the old girl tender enough to eat! I know it sounds a bit daft but once a creature has been a good servant I always feel that I have a duty of care until such a time that it decides to shuffle off to that big Henhouse/Kennel/whatever in the sky. Not very practical, I know, but its how I see it. Also it is probably why I am poor as an ecumenical rodent. Bye fer now.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 07:04 PM
I am afraid I am a peg matcher. I don't mind them not matching the colour of the clothes in fact I prefer that they don't match as long as the pegs match each other on each garment. If you understand what I mean. They can contrast the colour of the washing is what I prefer.

Well time for me to say goodnight. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Night Moyra.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-02-2014, 07:29 PM
Evening Linda and Jenny.

Forgot to mention just done the first part of the wine kit. Cabernet Sauvignon.

Dillon has just been really weird he was outside on the patio in the dark never bothers him then came in and stood in the living room looking straight ahead through the kitchen and the back door. So I went into the conservatory to wait while he went out he wouldn't go still staring towards the door. So I went onto the patio and when I came in he greeted me like he was so pleased to see me yet I had always been in his sight. Anyway fora biscuit he has been out and done a wee while I stood out there too.
Its a clear night here and I looked up and so many stars we have no light pollution here haven't seen a sky like that for years that's what I loved about the boat the stars on a clear night and the moon.
We must get Gorden's telescope set up.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 07:38 PM
Your skies must be gorgeous Lynn. I remember holidaying on the Shannon and oh my, what a sight the stars were.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Moyra, was it today you heard about the bungalow
Page 7 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »