25-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Wonderful news about Fred! x
thanks Malka
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 10:48 AM
sorry I've not been on I've been off for a week. Fred has his final check up tonight (hopefully) with the vet rather than the nurse, the vet had to have a look at his ear last week as the wound itself was fine his ear wasn't, so drops for cracked ear which seem to have worked, his ear isn't as red. The wound is starting to shrink and I can no longer see the cartlidge - yeay will update later. Thanks again for all the well wishes xx
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 07:04 AM
Just to let you know Fred's check up went well, the vet is really pleased with his ear and the lovely vet said there's no charge for this visit which was soooo nice of him
Also thought I'd mention Fred's with petplan and we got a cheque through 10 days after his op which is great, Mya was with the PDSA and we had to wait months for her payout.
Tracy xx
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-08-2013, 07:08 AM
That is great news for Fred
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
That is great news for Fred
Thanks Carole
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Only just caught this thread. I am SO pleased to read that all is going well after the op (always amazes me how much more quickly dogs seem to heal post op than us wonky old hoomans!)

Must have been a very worrying time for you indeed. You won't be the only member here who's slept (or more likely stayed awake most of the night) with their dog (sometimes for extended periods) when they are poorly or post op.

Hope he continues to improve daily.
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 07:49 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Only just caught this thread. I am SO pleased to read that all is going well after the op (always amazes me how much more quickly dogs seem to heal post op than us wonky old hoomans!)

Must have been a very worrying time for you indeed. You won't be the only member here who's slept (or more likely stayed awake most of the night) with their dog (sometimes for extended periods) when they are poorly or post op.

Hope he continues to improve daily.
Thanks Pat I definitely agree, every time one of our dogs has had an op they just bounce back, I just do all the worrying.
He is definitely back on top form and absolutely loves going to the vets bless him.
xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by Fred&Mya'smum View Post
Thanks Pat I definitely agree, every time one of our dogs has had an op they just bounce back, I just do all the worrying.
He is definitely back on top form and absolutely loves going to the vets bless him. xx
That's a big PLUS - when they like the vet. Bella liked going to our vet until he had to remove an ingrowing hair on her back. Mind you he did it without any freezing or anything - and it involved him shaving squeezing prodding and pulling with tweezers and final squeezing til it bled. And she was an ANGEL the whole time (but then bit him when he reappeared with a worming tablet for her lol!) as if to say 'DON'T PUSH YOUR LUCK!'

She now isn't so keen to go in but is OK once inside and on the table.

My last Cavvy managed to gain the strength of an elephant when anywhere near the vet premises in an effort to stay OUT. I always had to carry her inside and used to wait outside with her and get them to call me on my mobile to let me know it was her turn - to minimise the nervous breakdown period spend in the waiting room!
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >