View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Morning all! I didn't have time to read all the posts... gotta go to work, but have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2013, 02:17 PM
Afternoon Sara.

Afternoon Helena. Glad you enjoyed your meal and you must be feeling better due to the busy day you have had.
I think you need a carer all that falling about.
I feel we have a good solicitor Helena. Ha ha I did know I wouldn't be the only one.

Walked down to Mark and Tracey's with Owens cards and cake for tomorrow had a cuppa and a chat. Luckily it was dry walking there and rained while there and stopped for walking home.
Tracey did offer me a lift but I declined its only a ten minute walk.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2013, 02:17 PM
Went to the tip with the manky duvet and pillows. Went into B&Q and really didn't get much help there to be honest.
Bloke I managed to eventually find (and he was their 'expert' apparently) said WD40 may work, he was holding this tin of spray paint that I had already looked at, but saying he didn't know if it WOULD work after I had cleaned what I could off...so none the wiser really. Taffsmum, have you got a make and name for the paint you are talking about. Will do the WD40 thing and see how it goes, I think the long term solution is to cover it with something, but I need to make sure I use the right stuff, otherwise I am creating another problem for myself and actually I don't want any more problems now!!!!
Put £20 lpg in, off for bones, back now and bones all bagged and in freezer.
It was pelting down wasn't it TM, seems to have gone better as the day's wore on, car temperature said 9 degrees on the way out, on the way home it said 11 and the wind had dropped so I actually drove over the high level bridge on the way back and didn't do the trip round like I did going out.
Lynn, I'll book you in the padded room Monday-Thursday, and arrange aromatherapy and counselling sessions for you.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 02:54 PM
TW I think it depends on what the cabinets are made with but have a look at this link
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...=709907&page=1 It gives some ideas & "how to"
The rain stopped just before walk time so we had a lovely time in an empty big park - just us & one other dog walker. Just how I like it.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Afternoon

Thanks for thinking about me Lynn. I have been around but was trying to read all the posts and ended up sidetracked before I could reply.

I have two sick kids - Carys has had sniffles for a while but her teacher told me yesterday that she was wheezing at school. I slept with her last night and she was coughing and wheezing all night and so kept her off school today. Michael was up last night too, yep, the sniffles and coughing.

It's Loki's birthday tomorrow - 9 years old! I can't believe my big baby is 9 - he was like a puppy in the field this morning, barking at me to throw stuff for him.

I'll try to catch up on what's what.
xxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 03:09 PM
LL,Bertie would get on well with Pepsi, she was in the garden about the same time eating grass.....again

TW, I was reading an article the other day about all the things you can do with WD40 it seems to be a cure all, so might be worth a try.
What a dreadful day, horrible rain and wind, it's just like winter.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Afternoon June thank you the Aromatherapy sounds lovely.
I also read WD40 is meant to a be miracle cure for everything.
You can give us your verdict.
Glad Taff got his walk Lynne.
Afternoon Linda sorry to hear the children are ill.
Happy birthday to Loki tomorrow.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Read up on the melamine paint and primer thanks TM. Then I moved onto finding out where I could get it, but I spied something about a product called Oxalic Acid, which I can buy from Amazon by the way, that seems to be the stuff I need to get rid of the staining. So I'm going to get the Oxalic Acid and take it from there. I can always paint over it if it looks iffy with the melamine paint!!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 03:37 PM
TW,imagine that's dangerous stuff,must likely need mask.googles and gloves when using that
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Jenny, we are the mugs that are out there with them with the security lights blaring out too!
Page 5 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »