22-10-2012, 11:30 AM
So very sorry for your very sad loss.
Run fast and free sweet Buster
xx
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2012, 04:35 PM
So sorry for your loss of Buster, I feel your pain. I am sure he will be happily playing with Lulu now and they both will be watching over you with love.

Hugs to you,

Run free Buster with Lulu, together again forever x
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Thank you all again for your kindness.

We received a little card today from our lovely vet Michelle
It was handwritten and straight from the heart.

A few minutes later the phone rang and I couldnt answer it as the card made me cry again so much.
Im glad I didnt as the call was from the vets-to say that we can pick up Busters ashes.

Ive never had any pet cremated before our 3 dogs and 2 cats are buried in the garden .
We have always had a little goodbye "ceremony" and laid them to rest where i can see them from the kitchen window

Im feeling very worried about coping with collecting Busters ashes

Has anyone else ever felt like that?
Dont know whether its because Alan will be with me -he wasnt with me when Michelle came out last week-I asked him to go out because I didnt want to have a memory of me trying to calm him.
I wanted a memory of Buster leaving us peacefully ,in my arms-and that was what I got.

Thank you again for being here.

God bless
Maureen

My thoughts are with any of you facing losing a beloved pet
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Oh Maureen, once again, I feel your pain, it's brought back the memories of old Georgieboy who left me back in March this year.

Just like you, all our dogs, well most of them, had been buried out in the garden, I'd never had one cremated until Georgie, and I was dreading the phone call from the vets to say they were ready for collection.

When it came, I was kind of "together" again, as I walked into the surgery, but that all changed, when the lovely receptionist handed me his green box with the big, white rose on the top, I just crumbled and broke down again, but they were so nice, they came and hugged me, and told me to sit down and wait until I had composed myself again to drive back home with him.

I have to say, as odd as it sounds, once he was reinstated back at home, it DID make me feel a lot, lot better, so hopefully, you will feel the same, but you must prepare yourself, this is not going to be an easy collection. Maybe leave it a while like I did? I never went when they first called me, I told them I'd have to give it a while and they more than understood my reasons. There I was, thinking I was brave enough to handle it, but in reality, I wasn't

In a way, I suppose that's why I feel like Georgie is here with me in this new house, because of course, I've had to leave all the other loved ones back at the old house whereas Georgie, he'll always be here, along with the horse, and mum on the mantle. One day, they will all have their own special place, but I kind of like having them where they are, I often touch them and talk to them It's just something I like to do, along with kissing my mum's photo now and again

Be brave, only go when you feel you're up to it, and maybe take somebody with you when you do, as I really wish I had done that. All the best Maureen, we're all still here for you and we all do feel your pain.xxxxx
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-10-2012, 04:55 PM
We had our first one in Spain buried in our garden ( the mum of the first litter) as we didn't know any better then.. her babes, as they departed us , were all cremated and came back in a beautiful carved wooden box with their name on it.. they are all buried in a hole in the ground near our pool and bar together with my mum who had seen them grow over the years.. that gives some comfort, that they are all together in a place near to where they loved to be as we spend a lot of time around that area,, The boxes I still have but keeping jewelery in them etc.. I sit and talk to them a lot and hopefully they will be watching over us..
Just think about the positive things and the lovely times you had together..
collect the ashes when YOU are ready, no doubt the vet will understand.
thinking of you and sending big hugs xx
Azz
Administrator
Male 

24-10-2012, 01:54 AM
Sorry for your loss Maureen.

Sleep tight Buster x
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Dogsey "be strong" vibes needed for me please

We are going to collect Busters ashes this afternoon and Im feeling so nervous.
I know that the "real " Buster has left this world for a happier place and is at peace,but just the thought of collecting his ashes -well I dont know how I will react.

I have a little thank you card for Michelle,our lovely vet ,with a photo of Buster and a
little cake for the staff to share
-to celebrate Busters life-not his passing.

Thank you all again for your thoughts
Maureen

Our cats Rigsby,15 and little Ollie,7, say thank you for helping to look after their mum,too
milella
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2012, 07:12 PM
So sorry you have lost your beloved Buster my heart goes out to you, we lost our Snoops to dementia in June 19th 2012.

Bless them both xxxx
shadowboy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-11-2012, 01:56 AM
R.I.P. Buster, now you can run free and play with those that went before you. Watch over your mum and help through the hard days.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >