View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2012, 09:11 AM
I tried it with Polly and decided that I wasn't up for losing my fingers! We did fine woith titbits!

rune
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
i dont even necessarily see the problem if the dog 'wins'
Me either. Spencer wins about 99% of tug games with me simply because he's a hell of a lot stronger than I am. I'm not sure he actually sees it as winning, all he wants is the game to start again and I get the toy shoved back into my hands.

And watching Spencer try to engage my hubby in tug while he's on his laptop is hilarious. Calvin once hooked a rubber tug toy over his foot and played tug with him that way and now Spen tries all ways to get the toy over Calvins foot to start the game
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-03-2012, 01:25 PM
hello there, to all, and good morning , this morning in gave the tug thing a go.i introduced it to,bo,he is my oldest pit whom, some my have seen in the pic section, he is the guy,with the tier.<>tierd pitbull>..love to,tug and pull,with the tier,i put it away and directed his want, to a fire hose i have..using some of the ideas that iv got from this post.he did well at release and the ability to be patient and take the other end.it did elevate him to a point that i felt was to far in excient ment..and found it was dificult to calm him down, i know it was something new to tug with me and i do see where i have to be able to be in controll with him,im having fun,he is having fun.and im going to continue this practice and see what we can acheive...having said that,iv got onother question,brought up buy my 9year old...if the other dogs see him pulling with you does that mean all the dogs will pull with each othe?r and is this dangerious when the dogs are buy them selves?any experiences with 2or more,that got out of controll?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Have a look here:

http://www.deesdogs.com/documents/LoweringArousal.pdf
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by 3dognight View Post
..having said that,iv got onother question,brought up buy my 9year old...if the other dogs see him pulling with you does that mean all the dogs will pull with each othe?r and is this dangerious when the dogs are buy them selves?any experiences with 2or more,that got out of controll?
It's not something I had a problem with when I had two dogs. Both were more than delighted to play tug with me, but they never played tug with each other - maybe the game was only fun when it was me or hubby on the other end
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-03-2012, 01:53 PM
the trouble i see comming is ,three dogs one pull toy,they have done this in the past,we all know how they will want the same toy no matter how many toys there are!i had a situation were one of my dogs got taken off her feet and flat on her back as 2 others ran buy tugging on a stick,it got ugly, fast....i think i will go one on one for now and make it personal...
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Remove the toys when you end the game. That way, the dogs can't restart it amongst themselves
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-03-2012, 02:23 PM
ok ,smokey iv got my boots and and im heading out back,thanks for that info,good stuff.and i will pick up all the toys..ill go one on one for now..thanks
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-03-2012, 03:23 PM
My dogs tug together ok and its fine in my own situation
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-03-2012, 03:46 PM
mine do fine if there only 2 in the yard.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >