View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-07-2007, 06:51 AM
Hoping you managed to get some sleep Helena.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 09:14 AM
How are you feeling this morning H?
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 09:44 AM
when our babies leave us,they never really do,shes alive in your heart,your memories,youre everyday doing and thinking,when you get over the shock of these past few days and weeks,the memories will come flooding back,while you cry a river for her shes looking down on you from the bridge standing proud,showing all the other pets thats gone before from all corners of the earth,shes saying thats my mom,i know how upset you are iv been in youre shoes as have many of us,and though our words are soft and full of sympathy youre going through this not us,and all we can do is wish you all the love and comfort in the world,cassie was yours,but in these past few weeks,we think of her as ours through your posts,what im trying to say is youve touched us helena and were all routing for you,and thinking of you,youre in our thoughts youre a special kind of person and were all here for you,hugs xxzbx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Hello all. These beautiful words you are all writing for us, it makes me cry even more to read all these lovely, thoughtful posts of yours, all of them, thankyou for helping me so much.

I was ok this morning (ish), but then I had a moment in Sainsbury's and in the car on the way home where I was chatting away to Cassie in the back, because that's what I always did when she was there. Then I was ok (ish) again, until I opened a letter.

The kind private lady vet who had travelled over 50 miles to come out to us the other night has sent me a sympathy card, and in it she has hand-written:

"You clearly gave your Cassie a long and happy life - and not least a very (underlined) peaceful and dignified (underlined) ending with no stress or worries! Well done!! (underlined twice!) Hope she finds a sunny spot to rest"

She also sent me a packet of forget-me-not seeds to put on her grave.

Can you just imagine how I'm feeling now!!! Yes of course you can, I'm absolutely wailing with grief now, I don't have any eye sockets left at all now, they're so puffy and sore. What a lovely lady to send us that, she didn't have to, we'll never be using her again, she lives miles away from us, and she's been paid in full in cash.

I've learnt one thing from all of this, people with animals who love and care for them, are the kindest most thoughtful people around. Now I wonder why that is then!!!!!???? They teach us so much of life, and I suppose when we've learned from them, they've done their job and we have to let them go. I have no regrets whatsoever that it was the right time, but I have pain in my heart that will never, ever go away, and that's a fact!

When I dig out my pc next week I want to print this thread off and show Dave when he's up to it, and then he won't wonder why I spend so much time on Dogsey will he!!!

Oh dear, life is not the same here at all. I came downstairs this morning with no greeting, no wagging tail, no smiling happy face so pleased to see me, turned the corner, and there was Georgie fast asleep in his bed under the stairs I had to wake HIM up, and quite honestly he would have been pleased to stay there. I sooooo miss being pestered the life out of first thing in the morning even though it drove me up the wall sometimes when it was raining buckets! Georgie met a few of his pals on the green, so did I, we hugged and cried, and Georgie met a new girlfriend, an airdale called Katie, but although she wouldn't leave him and go back to her owner, he was more interested in his ball! Well, he had a touch of class with his girlfriend didn't he!!

I'm ok again now thankyou, I needed to put all that down in the hope that the tears would stop and they have.

Mucker, I soooo wanted to ring you but like you, I wouldn't be able to talk, I can only blubber over the phone at the moment. Thankyou toni for ringing me too last night whilst I was in the shower, but I just can't talk at the moment without going into floods of tears. I know it will get better, I've been here before many a time, but never quite like this, she was really special to me my little Princess. Take care, all of you and thankyou for helping me out with this grief.xxxxxxx
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Sleep tight Cassie am thinking of you Helen
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 12:43 PM
so sorry helena. sending you hugs and some big kisses from blackie xxxxx
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 12:47 PM
not a problem and would have called back only the house got a bit full and wouldnt have heard much,i will call you in a few days when you gain your eyes again,and are much better at being able to talk im sending you these
and when you print them out youl have them forever m8 look after yourself,bye for now xxzb x
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 12:50 PM
It will take time helena to adjust ,my boy went to the bridge 16mnths ago and i still sit at his grave everyday and talk to him and as time passes its easier ,hugs huni ill email you in a few days to see how you are xxxxdk
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Wow what a great vet!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Glad to hear from you Helen. The vet who sent you the card is how all vets should be, she sounds absolutely marvellous. Just the kind of person you need with you when it is time to say goodbye to a dear friend.

I am pleased you are coping (ish). You need to give yourself all the time in the world to come to terms with your loss and I know that each day will seem harder at the moment without Cassie's smile to light your day, but one day in the future, it will be easier, I promise.

Please keep dropping in and letting us know how you are getting on xxx
Page 41 of 49 « First < 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 > Last »