Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by cc22peatree View Post
im not sure if you would fee the same way if it was your dog
I hope I would because it is the best hope of getting them to appreciate what you are saying in defense. It is not about feelings it is about getting the best result for you.
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
im so sorry cc i hope they see sense hun , that old bat has a lot to answer for x
dont i no it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Don't know where you would stand legally but you have showed this Policewoman the papers she has taken the KC no: so surely they have to check it out first before issuing you with options about assessment,think I would tell them no way get a warrant and ring the KC on Monday for some help.
Other option can you get along to the police Station and take the papers with you ask to speak to someone and show them the papers and put your point across,if they want to keep the papers let them copy them and keep the copies.Can't believe this is happening.
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Hewey View Post
I hope I would because it is the best hope of getting them to appreciate what you are saying in defense. It is not about feelings it is about getting the best result for you.
ive been very curtious to the police,even when they said that they want to take my baby away for assessment wen they haven't even contacted the KC,
even when they said i could be taken to court,
even when they said that i could have a prison sentence or fine,
EVEN WEN THEY SAID MY BABY COULD BE BLOODY PUT DOWN

im sorry that i am loseing my rag with worry
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by cc22peatree View Post
ive been very curtious to the police,even when they said that they want to take my baby away for assessment wen they haven't even contacted the KC,
even when they said i could be taken to court,
even when they said that i could have a prison sentence or fine,
EVEN WEN THEY SAID MY BABY COULD BE BLOODY PUT DOWN

im sorry that i am loseing my rag with worry
I don't balme you CC ! I can't belive this is happening to you. The police should not be going to folks houses and to check this type of complaint, it should be an expert, someone who knows one breed from the next, surely?? It would make much more sense and any complaint could be sorted quicker and save a lot of worry for innocent owners.

Makes me so mad
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm really Sorry this is happening,
Get things straight in your head
Remain calm,The law hasn’t changed at all. No one can force you to hand over your dog for destruction, unless by Court Order.

Get the officers name and Number

DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING,they need the owners permission to pts,

Refuse for them to look and make an assement on Trin until they have spoken to The Kennel Club.

If they call again at your property,tell them to get a warrant,if they haven't got one.

Contact Deed Not Breed,They will give you some really good advice,
08700 34 55 62 – advice line
08700 34 55 63 – advice line
08700 34 55 64 – for all Deed Not Breed enquiries.

You may want to point out that Pitbulls are not recognised by the KC nor would they have any papers.
They are trying to frighten you by saying you may be fined or sent to prison,
If they do take Trin tell them you want to be charged under the DDA or you want your dog returned.

Please keep us updated.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-02-2007, 11:44 AM
I really cant believe this is happening to you.

You have the weekend to gather as much support as you can, get in touch with your breeder, and your breed club, see if they can give you some back up.

Take photo copies of her pappers, and take them to the police station, and ask to speak to some one senior. Also try and speak to your vet, ask them if they will verify her breed for you.

Good luck, lets hope common sence prevails.
fluffybunnyfeet
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-02-2007, 12:07 PM
This seems to be escalating out of all proportions.

Really at this point I would be taking legal advice, if you cannot afford it then contact Citizens advice.

I find that people in glass houses usually throw the first stone, I had a problem some years ago with a family that rented a house next to mine, I usually leave people to get on with their lives but their problems were rapidly becoming mine and after an incident that involved us I recognised the fact that they were now fair game.

On benefits, co-habitating and a part time job and an untaxed car suddenly became of interest to other parties

Result-kicked out the house 6 months later.:smt002
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 12:52 PM
CC this is dreadful! I can't believe that this is happening to you, I agree with everything that has been written, this woman needs to pay for what she's putting you through, I'm so sorry
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2007, 01:07 PM
It is so out of order. I was going to say unbelievable but they are so incompetent, nothing they do shocks me anymore. I really sympathise with the OP, what crap to have to deal with when the dog is blatantly not a pitbull. I genuinely hope that the situation is sorted asap. I hope the KC can calm the situation since the dog is KC reg'. I am aware that some people fake KC reg' documents and could almost understand if it was a bull breed cross but a dogue de bordeaux??? If indeed it is the neighbour that's caused this, my sentiments would be exactly the same CC. Good luck.
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »