View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2014, 02:38 PM
OMG! Look at the amount of bandages they've used on our H!

National Insurance contributions will be rising!

Moyra I just spotted you too haven't been feeling too great. Hope you are a bit brighter now.

I will put some pics up of Bella in the RAIN in a bit. She is now not talking to me as I MADE HER go out in it telling her 'it's forecast all week - ain't getting any better - come on'.

And now the sun is shining but she is on a chair next to me here wrapped in a blanket! Hilarious she is. First time ever she didn't really 'object' to going out in the rain. But she got fed up with it quite quickly and tried to 'shortcut' home through the metal railings when we got alongside my garden!

*I've started the 'new job' done about half a page already lol! Already bored with it but I will persist.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Hi I'm back at last, I've read through all the posts. Helena, you could do some serious damage with that plaster. Look out Dave
Lynn, my SiL applied for a job at Lidl, he didn't get the job and was quite pleased that he didn't. He didn't feel they were a particularly good firm to work for. This was a while ago and so things might well have changed.

So here are the problems in the Nippy household today;
Hubby has now been confirmed diabetic
Son has rung, they are quierying whether he is also diabetic now.
(So no more chocolate cake in this house )
I have put my back out gawd knows how but I can hardly move. Could really do without this with the wedding this weekend
The good news is that Pepsi is fine
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-05-2014, 02:41 PM
Its lovely isn't it Lynne, sun been really warm, winds got up a bit though once more.
Been on the bone run, youngest son came back when on his way to the doctors with a strawberry cornetto for me, so that was nice of him. From the sounds of it he has sciatica, I really hope not, but rather that than something horrendous I suppose. My painkillers have eased it to a dull ache he says which is better than he was when he came this morning, limping.
Very neatly bandaged Helena, looks nice and clean as well.
Thinking of you and hoping you are OK within yourself, sounds as though you're sense of humour hasn't entirely deserted you. Can see the bruising on your arm, not good is it, can you find who owns the Darn Cat
Elaine, its not your week is it, poor little chicks , poor hoover and now poor van. Life is just one long pay out isn't it. As soon as you think everythings covered and you're doing OK, the next thing happens
Well I need to get the bones bagged and frozen, got lots of chicken, not sure what it consists of because its solid, so have to wait for it to defrost a little before I decide what to do with it.
Then girly veg steamed for their tea tonight, which is white fish. Not sure what mine is, need to have a look and see what there is in the freezers!!!
Nippy, just seen your post, flipping heck is there a huge black cloud over your house or what. You're not half going through it aren't you, big hugs from me.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2014, 02:54 PM
TW I don't think you can sue cat owners in the same way you can sue dog owners?

And the cat didn't attack Helena - her dog took off after the cat. It's quite well known that most dogs will chase cats!

There is no responsibility on cat owners to control or contain cats - well that's my understanding anyway.

cats enjoy a unique position as the Animals Act 1971 does not apply to them. A cat cannot, therefore, in law trespass. As a cat cannot trespass its owner cannot be legally responsible for what their cat does outside of their property.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2014, 03:15 PM
Goddddmmmmninttttt Tang please can you keep this rain OVER THERE!! I want the sun back and I want it back NOW *stamps feet*
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-05-2014, 03:19 PM
I know Pat, but the number of times its almost happened to me, is beyond counting. There SHOULD be a law against the blighters. If they would either a) stay where they are and not wait until you are within feet of them before rushing out in front of you and your dog or b)not lurk where they can be seen and tantalise your dog by twitching their tail just beyond reach...... oh and of course not dig up your newly established bedding plants and poo there..... I could be doing with them, as it is they exist (in my mind at least) to annoy me!!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I know Pat, but the number of times its almost happened to me, is beyond counting. There SHOULD be a law against the blighters. If they would either a) stay where they are and not wait until you are within feet of them before rushing out in front of you and your dog or b)not lurk where they can be seen and tantalise your dog by twitching their tail just beyond reach...... oh and of course not dig up your newly established bedding plants and poo there..... I could be doing with them, as it is they exist (in my mind at least) to annoy me!!!
I see but not much point in telling Helena to find out who owns it really. What are they going to do? Keep the cat inside forever more?

Dogs dig up plants too - my neighbour's lurcher in Newlyn dug up my WHOLE front garden and kicked the dirt all over the front of the cottage. Some of the holes were big enough to get a man down!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
Goddddmmmmninttttt Tang please can you keep this rain OVER THERE!! I want the sun back and I want it back NOW *stamps feet*
Stopped raining here now na na na na na! Anyway you've got a hot tub so shaddup your moaning go and sit in that!

*wants that hot tub - thinking about if I had a hot tub whilst trying to wax lyrical about bluddy AJANIA flowers grrrrrr
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Yeah well a dog you can do something about, hopefully, a cat the owners just look at you and tell you THEIR CAT has rights which neither you nor your dog, children etc have
I am WISHING Helena could sue the cat owner, both she and I, and I would imagine the entire population know this can't happen in this country, however I know there are now laws in the US for example, where you do have to be resonsible for your cat's unleasant habits, I will vote for whichever party brings that law to England.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Afternoon Debbie and Lynne and Elaine and everyone else who has followed.

Debbie enjoy the walk.
Lynne glad you enjoyed the butties.
Elaine oh no now the car has broken too.
Helena I haven't done nuffink I was a good girl and did as I was told and now my hand is all better. That is some serious bandaging.

Nippy Jen Mark has been self employed for 7 years in the painting and decorating business. Work has dried up in Essex pretty much so he wants to get back into the work place as employed then he can start looking for other jobs if this doesn't turn out well. It is very handy to where he lives though only a 2 minute walk.
Sorry to hear the news about Brian and your son.
June sorry to read the news about your son too.

I am losing the will to live here trying to order stuff for Dillon on the internet.
I have also had a great tit/or coal tit can never tell the difference keep getting in the conservatory.
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »