View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Hi hope bronx will soon be feeling better, good luck at the vets tomorrow hope its just minor x
redswannie
New Member!
Female 

07-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Dear All

Thank you for the advice, comments and good wishes - we have appreciated knowing you're out there, sharing this horrid experience with us.

I got an emergency appointment this morning. I'm sad to the say the news is not good. The vet thinks Bronx has cancer. His lymph glands are significantly enlarged which causes pain when swallowing - hence the drooling, reluctance to eat and gagging.

Tomorrow we go to surgery: full blood works, biopsy and x-rays. Then we'll know exactly what we're dealing with and what options are viable for Bronx.

We have noticed a marked deterioration even in the past two days. Yesterday my husband had to lift Bronx into the car after his morning walk, and I had to do likewise after visiting the vet.

I feel so utterly wretched. Thank you all again for your support. I will keep you informed.

Bronx continues to bring a smile to my heart.
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-09-2009, 09:40 AM
I am so sorry to be reading this sad news about Bronx, fingers crossed for you both tomorrow and hope all goes well and whatever the results bring i sincerely hope that it can be controlled with some medicine, hugs to you both and thinking of you during this hard time, be strong for Bronx and yourself x
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Bronx, rotties are so prone to cancer, especially around this age, I do hope it isn't though, poor Bronx. All the best. x
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Oh I'm sorry it wasn't better news Fingers crossed they can sort the poor boy out, not knowing is half the problem as you tend to dwell on the worst possible scenario. At least you might now get a difinitive diagnosis. Hugs to you both x
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2009, 11:54 AM
So sorry to hear this. But glad he is in the best possible place. Fingers crossed xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2009, 12:05 PM
I am sorry to hear the outcome of Bronx's vet visit wasn't what you wanted to hear.
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Sorry to hear about Bronx.
Hope they can give you some news tomorrow
redswannie
New Member!
Female 

08-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Dear All

Bronx visited the vets again today. The tests show that as well as the lymphatic problem, Bronx has a large tumour on his lungs. The prognosis is not good.

After discussing options with the vet, we are going to try a short and fairly mild course of steroids which, we hope, will give Bronx a bit of a pep in whatever time he has left with us.

Thank you for your continuing interest and support.

We're going now to cuddle our boy.
Raeyven
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Thoughts are with you and Bronx *hugs*
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >