View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Thinking of you and Razzle today Claire.

I understand you following your instincts. Mine are rarely wrong....

*Hugs*
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2012, 12:17 PM
We took him up to the vet today. He has a massive growth in his abdomen, probably on the spleen.
Mr Jobson did an ultrasound. Raz was so good - he lay on my lap to have his tummy shaved and was very calm, if slightly perplexed. He kept looking at me enquiringly and I had to struggle a bit to hold it together.
We will take him back tomorrow. They`ll open him up and see what exactly is happening. If it is hopeless, he won`t wake up again. But we will give him that small chance. My friend is lending me her credit card.
I`ve put him in my quiet, shady living room to rest with a dish of cubed chicken and a bowl of milk. He`s not in pain and he`s not afraid. If he has to go, that`s not a bad state to be in considering.
x
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Sorry it wasn't better news, but glad he wasn't too upset by the experience and at least you know now. I'll be thinking of you both tomorrow, hope the outcome is the best one for Raz.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Oh no bless him. Hope they can remove it, he has had a couple of good years with you but he could do with a few more x x
speug
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-07-2012, 12:33 PM
sorry to hear it's not good news - but the main thing is that he's not in pain or distressed by it just now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Poor Razzle. He has come such a long way under your loving care. What a good boy he was.

I will keep everything crossed he can be given some more time with you.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Poor Razzle and poor you - everything crossed that he will be able to have extra time with you and more of the love you have given him.

He will be in my prayers tonight.

xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2012, 12:44 PM
So sorry Claire, you are one heck of a dog owner, I'm not surprised Razzle has put all his trust in you, he so deserves that cubed chicken and milk now, bless his great, big paws. I know you will do everything in your power to do the right thing by him, and I am rooting for him that it won't be the end of the happy place he finally found when he landed on your doorstep. I so admire you for all you have done for this poor boy, and if you have to say goodbye, then at least you can live with the memories of just how much you did to bring this dear boy out of his terrified shell, even though your heart breaks yet again.

Good luck with the next step Claire, try and stay as positive as you can, we're all behind you and know what you must be going through.xxxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Claire, Razzle is so lucky to have you for his mum. You have done so much for him and I am just praying that tomorrow won't bring bad news.
You will both be in our thoughts. Please keep us updated, I will be praying for a positive outcome. (((hugs)))
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2012, 02:40 PM
I'm sorry it wasn't better news but I truly hope that something can be done. It's utterly amazing that Razzle coped so well with the visit and I don't think there could be a bigger testament to prove the trust that you have earned with him.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »