Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-05-2016, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
Saw a smashing pair of boots dropped great big dirty hints sadly the selective hearing was in place and as hubby's an aberdonion by birth renouned for having short arms and long pockets lol
Haha Norma, made me smile and may I say in support of all Aberdonion blokes, it's not just the buildings that have given the place the name 'granite city' it's also the men
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-05-2016, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Yes you can only buy 2 packets and they come and check your age, I offered my bus pass, but she laughed, so another 2 packets today. If I could find anymore of the beggers I'd buy 2 packets every day from different shops to make sure I didn't end up like this again. Good job I had a stash anyway, but it obviously needed to be bigger
Hi June, had the same problem a few years ago, wanted six packs of Paracetamol (Can't get it in CZ) as I was about to drive back (to CZ) the pharmacy lady sold me two packs and said I might get away with four from the main store when I got to the checkout. No way, guy went OTT said the pharmacy lady was wrong wouldn't let me buy even two more packs as I had the pharmacy ones.

I thought to hell with this, paid at that checkout took stuff to the van, went back in picked up two more packs and box of choccy biscuits went out through a different checkout, did the same thing again. Got my six packs in the end.

From that time onwards I have always bought painkillers in packs of two and add them to my shop wherever I am
so always have a reserve supply. They have 'use by' dates of course but TBH if they are not more than a year over they OK IMO.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-05-2016, 08:43 PM
Scarrow writes Under The Eagle series about 2 Roman Officers, he's also written a series about Napoleon and Wellington. Again its well researched and I think it is he who is a lecturer in history, not sure, will have a look at his details on the latest book, currently the two officers are in Brittania and have sorted the Druids out on the Island of Mona (Anglesey)
Ben Kane is another good read, The Punic Wars is one of his series, also there is Harry Sidebottom writing the Ballista books, a barbarian taken as a young boy as hostage against his father's good behavior and being trained in the art of war, Roman style, as he reaches manhood
My deepest sympathies on the trek to Oldham, I have only been in the town once, and that was enough, then again I never set foot in Bolton town centre anymore, completely lost its character, as has Oldham, full of parking restrictions and shops that are in every town and city in the country.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-05-2016, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Although it's hard to get into the town now - it's nigh on impossible to get out of the blerdy place - without a convoluted trip round the ethnic quarter and a particularly attractive "urban wasteland tour". I kid you not - it's like a cheap return ticket to downtown Mumbai.
Don't worry LG we will soon have 'driverless cars' which if my research is correct will allow the likes of you and I to enter our destination and lean back, eyes shut, windows up, headphones on, and thus there will be no possibility of seeing, hearing, or smelling, anywhere we are forced to travel through
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-05-2016, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
he is genuinely just a friendly fella and it has landed him in a whole heap of bother
Hi Sis You do have to be so careful nowadays, anyone with a hint of mental problems can cause so much trouble for someone like this guy who basically just wants to help.

I just try to keep away from people getting to be difficult in this over populated country now.

When younger I was a bit like your friend, try to help if a young women had problems, but I don't now.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-05-2016, 09:05 PM
Sorry Harvey - Just don't believe it! You - like myself - will remember forecasts on TV Programmes of yesteryear that promised by 2010 there would be no need for manual toil and we would all be living a life of comparative luxury our every wish tended to by an army of robots. However, don't know about you but it's same old, same old, in these quarters! lol !
You are very right about Oldham centre, June, used to be a fabulous character filled town full of life and activity, now there's more life in last week's kipper!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-05-2016, 09:19 PM
Yes Gordon, the promises of future happiness and life without toil are never ending well it sells newspapers I guess.

Anyway, there's still a lot of testing to be done on these cars, I believe one in California has already had two accidents, I can't help wondering how the insurance company will sort that out
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-05-2016, 09:20 PM
LOL Harvey, one was in collision with a bus because it lacked the knowledge that buses are bigger than cars and therefore they were best given right of way, otherwise.....wooops there goes another driverless car again
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-05-2016, 09:24 PM
Goodnight to all of you out there Time to do my chores and hit the sack See you tomorrow I hope.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
because it lacked the knowledge that buses are bigger than cars and therefore they were best given right of way
I don't think I will ever be driving.....er sorry sitting in one
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >