register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2016, 03:01 PM
Despite forecast of heavy rain,got the girls out, the towpath was very deep in mud and water and it stank from where the river had flooded below it, however Zen wasn't bothered and looked like some sort of bog monster by the time we started back home on the road
Was going to take Cariad and Lona onto the riverbank near where we go down the banking so they could have a run round in the trees, however there is something going on, scaffolding all over the entrance, which is bushes reallyso we just had a walk.
Off for shavings and a net of carrots, started to rain quite heavily, but not torrential. Called in for petrol as well.
Its been raining off and on, nothing like the forecast, thank goodness.
I've done the yard and kennels, put the 3 bales of shavings in their loft, left the net of carrots out so the girls would be occupied in trying to get in it, whilst I loaded the shavings in.
They did actually manage it this time, someone ripped the net open
So they're all warm and dry, full of carrots and hopefully having a sleep before their tea, which is venison necks and a chicken quarter for Kesh and I've had a butty,cup of tea and thinking about a Nanny Nap
Such a shame about the delivery driver, Lynn, but how great he is not giving in and working his way through it all as best he can. So glad the oil went in the right place as well.
Griff, poor Paul having to deal with that when he's lost both parents so quickly
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2016, 03:57 PM
Glad you got your shavings sorted and the girls for a walk too. Just walked Amber but it is complete mud everywhere, so had to use my crutches rather than the walker.

Lynn, that chap has to be admired doesn't he really. Well done him.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2016, 04:48 PM
Yes he does he is so cheerful and smiling and positive sounding.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2016, 04:54 PM
Well done to the delivery driver not giving in and long may he continue to work Also good the oil went in the right tank

Pleased you stayed dry on the walk Moyra even if a bit muddy.

Lucky your June not having the rain forecast - we have Lol at the girls eating as many carrots as they can whilst you are busy.

Many ur MIL is to be admired with her will to carry on it is an awful illness.

Your poor cousin Griff he doesn't need to be pestered by her and I wouldn't give out phone numbers without permission as obviously he has never given it to her.

Hope the cold gets the message Mandy

It was an awful drive to Brighton and back. Torrential rain with the wipers just about coping and roads half flooded in places. Still made it there and back safely. Managed to get Teazle out on my return but then it started to rain again so not as long as I would have liked.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2016, 05:44 PM
Glad you made it back safe sue been dry here today so far.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2016, 05:51 PM
Very glad you made it back in one piece Sue
You are right won't give out his number and she is wanting her SIL number...won't give that out either as she is ill at the moment. My mums eldest brother has conveniently crawled out of the woodwork, he didn't bother contacting Tess and bill in years but i guarantee he shows up to the funeral which means my mum...the one who has kept in touch and visited regularly won't go to the wake
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2016, 06:06 PM
Glad you got back ok Sue, not nice driving in that weather. Griff, things go from bad to worse re the funeral. So sorry families who'd have em!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2016, 07:11 PM
Moyra, why don't you do what Lynn and I do (and others perhaps) put old sheets, duvet covers, curtains etc down where you walk through after a walk, then all the mud,pawmarks etc go on that, its simple enough to shake them out and put them in the washer every couple of days and your house carpets stay mud free
I had a really nice little sleep for a couple of hours, girls have had their tea and just heard Zen yelp, went back out and Cariad has pinched what remains of her neck. She'd had most of it anyway and it was a big piece, whilst I only gave Cariad a small one, as she is big enough
It is raining here Sue, not torrential like it has been though, and after what we've had up here over the last few weeks am hoping we get a break from it for a while now.
Griff,your poor mum, its one thing after another isn't it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2016, 08:38 PM
lol, poor little Zen having her tea snaffled from under nose Lol Hoping the rain is light and passes over quickly
Moyra, just thinking of your walker...have you seen that plastic matting stuff that you put down...i don't know what it is called..will have a look and see if i can find it
You are right....i will be so annoyed if mum doesn't get to go to the wake and i really hope her brother doesn't try and talk to her..if he rings here i won't answer any number i don't know and if i ran into him i would just tell him to do one lol
I ahve big news............... Deags passed her silver!!!!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2016, 08:42 PM
awwww Well Done Deags,she is amazing, what a great girl she has become after the start she had
Mind you I rather think you played a big, in fact a major part, of her transformation from Street Mutt, to Silver Girl
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >