Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
£200 is actually extremely reasonable considering labradoodles can sell for thousends of pounds.

its very common practice to breed designer dogs which are basicly mutts for around £500 it is rare to find a mix for anything less.

The RSPCA charges £300 for a rehome.
The rescues round here dont generally charge that much, up to about £150. maybe. Some are only about 60-80.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
The rescues round here dont generally charge that much, up to about £150. maybe. Some are only about 60-80.
Are they RSPCA?

I remember reading a post from some members that they had been to an RSPCA centre that charged £300 for pedigree dogs
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-06-2012, 04:51 PM
£200 is actually extremely reasonable considering labradoodles can sell for thousends of pounds.

its very common practice to breed designer dogs which are basicly mutts for around £500 it is rare to find a mix for anything less.

The RSPCA charges £300 for a rehome.
As has already been said, rescues have high overheads which a private home does not, therefore it is logical that they should charge more for a crossbreed or mongrel.

The puppies referred to in the OP are not crossbreeds, nor are they designer dogs. They are mongrels with two crossbreed parents. Great Dane x Boxer and Labrador x Poodle.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
As has already been said, rescues have high overheads which a private home does not, therefore it is logical that they should charge more for a crossbreed or mongrel.

The puppies referred to in the OP are not crossbreeds, nor are they designer dogs. They are mongrels with two crossbreed parents. Great Dane x Boxer and Labrador x Poodle.
yep, pippam Even if the pup hasnt cost the rescue full fee in costs there will be other dogs that have far exceeded the fee in terms of costs so they will have to average out rehoming fees to cover.....id think anyway.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Are they RSPCA?

I remember reading a post from some members that they had been to an RSPCA centre that charged £300 for pedigree dogs
No, the rspca are not in Scotland, but I have the impression they are run seperately anyway rather than a set countrywide rehoming fee.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
yep, pippam Even if the pup hasnt cost the rescue full fee in costs there will be other dogs that have far exceeded the fee in terms of costs so they will have to average out rehoming fees to cover.....id think anyway.
I am a bit confused here. You are responding to pippam but you quoted my post, not hers.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2012, 05:47 PM
I am a bit confused here. You are responding to pippam but you quoted my post, not hers.
because I agreed with you but also wanted to add what I did, sorry, didn't make that clear but I was on my phone at the time
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Can you start a new thread when you get the pics BB this one is getting boring now
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Can you start a new thread when you get the pics BB this one is getting boring now
Yup, will do Loosing hope they ever will now though
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2012, 07:26 PM

Depends on the rescue as Doberman said some rescues only charge around a £150 which is what id expect.

A designer dog is a cross breed
A cross breed is a designer dog same thing as a mutt

as I said £200 is actually a reasonable price your lucky to find any puppy for that price these days.
Page 23 of 24 « First < 13 20 21 22 23 24 >