View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gemsoph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2010, 02:58 PM
wot dont u get?? for everyones information this is the 2nd season my bitch has had since ive had her and she probably had 2 with her previous owner who told me she had a phantom pregnancy once while she had her that was after her 2nd season!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 02:58 PM
You could ask the previous owner the name of your bitches Sire and Dam.
Then you can look on this website, at their pedigrees;
http://www.british-bullmastiffs.co.uk/search.html

I hope you will post pictures of her
gemsoph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2010, 03:01 PM
I have asked how i do this but no one told me, i send a email of 5 pics to dogsey.com so she may get put on the website in the dog breeds section. How can i add a pic of my baby girl?
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm more confused now, how old is your girl again I thought she was 18 months old?
If she is its unlikely she's had 4 seasons if she has I'd be very worried hun.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Details of how to post piccies
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=10395
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2010, 03:08 PM
If you join photobucket, (a free program for sharing photo's) you can upload the pics on there from your PC. You then just need to copy the IMG code from under the pics, and paste on here
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Cant help you on the pics front (i dont even get to see ones already on due to our internet security!)

But i would ask the woman who you got her from for her 5 generation 'pedigree' - even if she isnt KC registered the woman may have a print out on paper of her 'family tree' and if she doesnt she might still be in contact with the owners of your girls parents? You never know, her dad may be KC registered and her breeder just never registered the litter for example if the mother wasnt registered or had endorsements on her pedigree (example my boys breeder put 'endorsements' on his pedigree which mean if i ever lost my mind! and wanted to breed him i would have to have all health tests done before she would lift endorsements which would allow his offspring to be registered)

A job for a rainy day! Id have the kids making a scrap book
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 03:13 PM
threads like this are exactly why i hate coming on here sometimes! some people give great advice, and in a nice way. but others just come across rude and mean.

just some points that bugged me, the vet told her she had two weeks for the injection and yet she is being criticised for not being at the vet today! she only had today and yesterday (assuming the vets were shut on sunday) so it isnt an urgent emergency. im sure if it was, she would do whatever she could to get up there.

and so what if she has been at the vets a lot? it really is no ones business why that is, just coz a dog has been at the vets a lot does not mean they are unhealthy for breeding. jake has been at the vets loads since i got him, three times for a hystiocytoma (which are common in young dogs and often disappear on there own which jakes did) and he has been at the vets... ach, must be at least 8 times (probably a few more though) coz of his allergies!

now that she has made the decision everyone wanted her to make, those who were being nasty are suddenly being lovely!

i admit that not all the information adds up and that 'accidental' matings anger me, especially from untested dogs (which many members on here know i do) but i still do not agree with the tone and attitude of some peoples post.

im am glad that she is getting the mismate though, and i would love to see pics of your dog (you can use photobucket to put them up ) and i hope that you stay on dogsey (it is usually a great forum to be a part of and most members will be supportive most of the time).

now, i will get off my soapbox coz i really have to go get ready for work!
gemsoph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2010, 03:18 PM
morganstar she is 2 years old the male she mated with is 18 months, please read more carefully! I will most probably struggle to get photos on here lol
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
threads like this are exactly why i hate coming on here sometimes! some people give great advice, and in a nice way. but others just come across rude and mean.

just some points that bugged me, the vet told her she had two weeks for the injection and yet she is being criticised for not being at the vet today! she only had today and yesterday (assuming the vets were shut on sunday) so it isnt an urgent emergency. im sure if it was, she would do whatever she could to get up there.

and so what if she has been at the vets a lot? it really is no ones business why that is, just coz a dog has been at the vets a lot does not mean they are unhealthy for breeding. jake has been at the vets loads since i got him, three times for a hystiocytoma (which are common in young dogs and often disappear on there own which jakes did) and he has been at the vets... ach, must be at least 8 times (probably a few more though) coz of his allergies!

now that she has made the decision everyone wanted her to make, those who were being nasty are suddenly being lovely!

i admit that not all the information adds up and that 'accidental' matings anger me, especially from untested dogs (which many members on here know i do) but i still do not agree with the tone and attitude of some peoples post.

im am glad that she is getting the mismate though, and i would love to see pics of your dog (you can use photobucket to put them up ) and i hope that you stay on dogsey (it is usually a great forum to be a part of and most members will be supportive most of the time).

now, i will get off my soapbox coz i really have to go get ready for work!
I don't think the OP was being criticised for not rushing her to the vets immediately for the jab, there was confusion on a number of issues i.e. did she really plan to mate her, was it an accident etc., could she get her bitch to the vets in a hurry in need? all of which have now been cleared up by the op...certainly my questions have anyway

I think the other concerns, although not my questions, were if the OP had been backwards and forwards with her dog to the vet, was she as healthy as was being suggested, were her ailments pertaining to hereditary problems...I don't think anyone was asking just to be nosey or to have a go at the op.

The fact that Jake has allergies I would imagine would make you think twice if someone asked to use him at stud..but not everyone has the knowledge that some things are hereditary and I can only think that if our questions have helped the op make an educated decision about having the jab this time and then looking at her options for the future, then I'm glad for that.

You've been on here long enough to know that the discussions can get heated, but I don't ever think there is truly any malice intended..just peoples differing opinions
Page 23 of 24 « First < 13 20 21 22 23 24 >