Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Admin
Administrator
Polite Discourse Male 

10-04-2004, 11:48 PM

How to post photos & videos

It's easy to add pictures to your posts, here's how...

You need to have your pictures hosted somewhere before you can post them on Dogsey. You can get your pictures hosted for free at sites like http://photobucket.com.

It's fairly easy, just sign up an account, upload a pic there and copy the IMG tag code they provide to your post. If you need a step by step keep reading:

---------------Photobucket.com step by step-------------------

If you are using photobucket.com to host your pictures... follow this step by step: (skip this bit if your pictures are hosted elsewhere)

Go to www.photobucket.com and sign up an account.

UPLOADING PICTURES

• Where it says 'Upload' click to go to the upload page.

• Click on the blue box 'choose photos and videos' this opens where you can view your photos on your hard drive, find the picture you want to upload, select and click on 'open'

• Your photo is uploading onto Photobucket. After a short time your photo will be uploaded.
  • You will find your photo under 'view uploads'.

POSTING PHOTOS
  • Select the photo you want to post on Dogsey.
  • To the right of each picture, or underneath, depending on the Photobucket layout you have, you will find 4 url boxs, Email & IM, Direct, HTML and IMG. You need to use the IMG code, so simply copy and paste this into your post on Dogsey.

New layout

Old layout

Remember that if your picture is moved or deleted from your Photobucket account it will no longer display on Dogsey.

-------http://tinypic.com step by step-------

• Click on BROWSE to find your photograph
  • When you have the photo you want, click OPEN - the name will then appear next to BROWSE
  • Click on IMAGE [or VIDEO if it is a video]
  • RESIZE - click on DEFAULT and click on the size you want
  • Click UPLOAD NOW
  • A box will pop up saying "Please help us fight spam/automated uploads. Follow the instructions in the graphic below:"
  • Type in the two words which show.
  • Click UPLOAD NOW and wait for your photograph to be uploaded
  • LEFT click on the IMG to turn code background black, then RIGHT click on it and LEFT click on COPY
  • Go to where you want it to appear in your message on Dogsey, RIGHT click and LEFT click on PASTE.
  • Check via PREVIEW to make sure the correct photograph appears as only the code will show in the message pane. Then click SUBMIT and bingo!

A few simple rules to follow:

- Please include the breed name in the subject heading.

- Please make sure you have permission from the picture owner before posting.

- No dog fighting, hunting or other cruelty to animal pictures.

- This section is only for pics that are posted directly into the post. If you want to post a link to a website which has the pictures you must do so in the 'Your Websites' section (and follow the rules accordingly).

- When replying to a thread, please bear in mind this section isn't for 'debate'. If you have a gripe about something which relates to dogs in general (such as cropping of ears, tail docking, prong collars, etc) then you may simply add a short note to say you are against such practises (and if anyone asks why, then simply reply with a link to the related discussion thread). If you'd like to comment about something more personal (such as you feeling a dog is over/underweight) then please use tact, or PM the poster instead. The aim is to keep a balance of making sure the thread remains amicable, while you are not having to censor yourself either. If you cannot articulate your post without it coming across as rude or a nasty rant, then refrain from posting.

- If anyone wants to control which replies/comments they would like on their photos thread, post your photos in the blog section instead (as you can delete any of the replies to your posts in that section).
Azz
Administrator
Male 

26-01-2007, 06:07 AM
You can use this section to post links to your videos OR if your video is hosted with youTube.com you can post it directly in your thread!!!

Here's how:

Go to the youTube video you want to post, then click on the share button, in the box where it says URL you will see something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXvTg3ISDoQ

all you need is the bit after the equal sign: /watch?v=

so the bit after that for the video above is bXvTg3ISDoQ

Then simply put it in youtube TAGS: [ YT ] youtube ID here [ /YT ]

So this code:

HTML Code:
[yt]bXvTg3ISDoQ[/yt]
Will show this video!

Any questions, please ask in forum support. To learn how to use youTube please visit their website: www.youtube.com
Azz
Administrator
Male 

26-01-2007, 06:08 AM
ps, thats not my video, it was the first one I came to on youTube
antiques2bloved
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-02-2014, 03:46 PM
I managed to upload my photos to photobucket, but now don't know the necessary image code in order to transfer album and or photos to dogsey. Please help. Thanks
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-02-2014, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by antiques2bloved View Post
I managed to upload my photos to photobucket, but now don't know the necessary image code in order to transfer album and or photos to dogsey. Please help. Thanks
You need to use the IMG code in the photo below

KokoXena
New Member!
Female 

06-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Can't I just upload pics from my photos in Ipad?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-10-2014, 07:57 AM
Hello Lyndell you can't upload photographs directly from your computer to the site you need an intermediary host like Photobucket details below..

How to post photos videos
ste71
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-10-2014, 01:51 PM
thanks this is the info ive been looking for.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-03-2015, 02:09 PM
[IMG]www.photobucket.com[/IMG]
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-03-2015, 11:24 PM
So I have tried to sign up for a photobucket account, got to the part where it asks you to enter a zip code.

Obviously in the UK we dont have zip codes...

On the off chance I tried entering my post code but no joy so has anyone else come up against this?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >