Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-04-2011, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by SallyG View Post
From experience, Welpi isnt much good, it clumps up and puppies dont thrive on it. Carnation milk mixed with water and Life Aid is far better.

There are other "replacement milks for you to choose from

You cant feed a newborn puppy on soaked kibble.
Who said otherwise

Carnation milk is sugar and milk, neither of the ingredients are good for puppies as they are lactose intolerent.

:
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

04-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Oh, who put in a bee in your bonnet? At the end of the day, someone could have disagreed with weetabix being given, and then dropped it, not carried it on for pages! Although, it should never have been brought into this thread in the first place!!! The thread didnt just go that way by itself, someone purposely brought it up to be nasty. Also, it hardly needs debated in this thread, when the original thread does that! Some people just dont know what to drop it.

In what capacity are you saying what can and can not be brought into a thread

Nutritional value is extremely important to a puppies welfare, so the "weetabix" track, is extremely important.

And, for your information i have commented on this thread so have received notice that is has been posted on again, and as i have found it interesting (other than the weetabix talk that is!) i have been reading it... if i see a thread that i have an opinion on then i will say so if i want. You cannot tell me where and when i can post, so i couldnt care less if you find it annoying.
As you cant tell others, what they can post!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by SallyG View Post
Everyone has different opinions and different levels of experience. The thread has gone off topic......looking back it was SB who bought up the weetabix in a sarcastic response to me when I was talking about breeders.
Did you find out where I said those things about Kibble?
SallyG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-04-2011, 08:50 AM
No Tassle I didnt, perhaps it wasnt you. Apologies if it wasnt.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
whats the problem discussing nutritional value of food for dogs/pups on a dog forum
Not so much a problem discussing nutritional value of food for pups
But it feels like people are taking issues and arguments from one thread and bringing them up in another thread
In this one it seems to me people are getting heated and a bit nasty on both sides
I guess its another case of being open to how you read it but to me it is now just sounding like personal off topic slanging matches

Discussing nutrition is always going to polarise people as everyone has strong views
but does it really have to be dragged up in every thread?
Wouldnt it be better to keep weatabix-gate to the thread where it started so if people are interested they can find the full discussion?

Personaly I would love to see a ban on people deliberatly bringing up arguments from one thread and sticking them in another
I am sorry if others dont feel that way but as I see it there was no discussion about the puppies nutrition till one post - which imo was nasty and only posted to start an argument - kicked this all off
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs;2225721

[QUOTE
which imo was nasty and only posted to start an argument - kicked this all off[
which wasnt replied to all innocently was it?(no life,no experience blah blah)
..there seem to be people that cannot discuss things and the real 'dogsey police' jumping from thread to thread telling people what they are and are not allowed to post.

i still want to know the answer of 'weetabix gate' as the nutritional value bit hasnt been answered lololol.. i dont care if peeps feed it or not..no skin off my nose
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

04-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post

which wasnt replied to all innocently was it?(no life,no experience blah blah)
..there seem to be people that cannot discuss things and the real 'dogsey police' jumping from thread to thread telling people what they are and are not allowed to post.

Seems we have a bit of a double standard going on here, some going from thread to thread , "policing" with a "holier than thou " attitude!

i still want to know the answer of 'weetabix gate' as the nutritional value bit hasnt been answered lololol.. i dont care if peeps feed it or not..no skin off my nose
Same here, as the only value I can see in feeding young pups weetabix is the "bloat them up" value.

I can understand in the days before good nutritional foods were developed for young pups, why people fed it,

But as we know "wheat" and "cows milk" is not good for puppies/dogs, why are some still advocating feeds these very products to young vulnerable pups
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 11:01 AM
I also said it was heated on both sides

On the other thread I seem to remember some people saying that the puppies prefered the goats milk when it had weatabix in it and they had better results with the litters weaned on weatabix

I agree there dosent seem to be any neutritional benifit to it, but at the same time there isnt any neutritional benifit to about 70% of what is in kibble to but dogs and puppies do quite well on it too
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Well to bring it back on topic. For me if it was a choice of which order things went in when buying a pup I would go tempeament/health on an equal parr and looks last. If showing you would want all three equal I can see that and in an ideal world that is exactly what I would like and I suppose it is possible and I certainly hope it is next time around for us.

Having had health/temperament issues with Ollie obviously for us the two I mentioned would be our preference if all three together were not achievable.

As for the weetabix issue I use to give Max our large breed weetabix and milk not every day a couple of times a week back in the 90's when he was a puppy. Didn't know or take much notice about nutrition then it was something my sister advised and she has had dogs for many many years.

Must admit now and since I have looked into feeding dogs more it is not something I would personally feed now due to the grain content and the fact that dogs do not tolerate milk well. (Cows milk) anyway. My sister and I have very different views on feeding dogs but we do not let it affect our relationship or friendship her dogs do very well on her chosen diet. It is just not how I choose to feed.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
My boy has been fed dry food all of his life and has also never been to the vets in his 5 years for health problems, has a lovely coat and doesn't ever fart, and neither has my 14 year old

But then to be fair lots of people who smoke live very long lives and are never ill, does that mean smoking should be recommended?

The problem with comparing lifestyles, food etc is that there ae multifactorial issues to consider so a true control group is never going to happen.
True, true. I guess it is because all the dogs I have ever owned, apart from the raw fed ones, have farted for the Olympics and been extremely malodorous!!

It is a bit facetious of me making such a statement, I know, but I believe so passionately in raw feeding having not only seen miraculous recoveries in my own dogs' conversions, but many tens of other dogs belonging to friends, relations and strangers we have met, that I would never consider any other type of feeding for my pooches.
Page 23 of 26 « First < 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 >