View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Barney (6 yr old lab) is scared of very little, & happily puts up with the noise of the Dyson, or my hairdryer etc. But when we stayed in a holiday cottage, there was a Henry Hoover. We were upstairs & heard Barney barking downstairs. When we camre down to see what was going on, we found Barney barking at the very scary face painted on the Henry Hoover. As soo as we threw an old towel over it, he was fine!
leopard_print
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Rambo is scared of me cooking!! in case I set the smoke alarm off! If he sees me cooking in the morning I can see he is anticipating me setting the smoke alarm off as he boggles his eyes at me and goes by the back door!

He is also scared of buses, fireworks and thunder.

Tina is only scared of the vacumn, runs upstairs when I get it out, only thing she is scared of though. Loves fireworks funnily enough!
coopergang
New Member!
Female 

17-06-2010, 11:35 AM
our dog dont like those noisy things they are all blowing at the world cup football, nor the rag and bone man and especially the trombone (my son is learning at school and brings home to practice, but we cant let him cause of the dog) the usual fireworks and balloons.
borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Alfie has a big prob if i cough, sneeze and blow my nose, he jumps out of his skin???????????????? with anyone else he is fine its just me????????????.
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Luchi is pretty bomb proof on the whole, Thunder she has no problem with, although a few weeks ago we were out on a walk and got caught in a very heavy downpour, and she whimpered and tried to hide.

Another time we were walking through the woods on one of our regular haunts, and came out into the large field. Someone had put a picnic bench there, Hackles went up and she danced about wuffing. We had to go up and inspect it to make sure it was harmless lol To be fair, picnic benches should not just suddenly appear in fields

The other thing that startled her was in our front garden. We had just returned home in the car, and she noticed that one of our flower pots had been knocked over, commence full on barking at that one.
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2010, 04:06 PM
When Kiba was a pup he used to 'huff' at all manner of things. Tree stumps, plant pots, odd shaped branches, large rocks in the middle of fields!

He's fine with thunder and fireworks, fine with gunshots and grenades (we live near a range). Fine with low flying helicopters.

The only things now that he will occasionally huff at are army men (in full gear with the weird round hat thing on and big rucksacks) and cats.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Well sophie used to be terrifed of thunder and guns, she used to have to be sedated if we knew fireworks were due to be set off

Flint is scared of motorbikes, traction engines and metal food bowls.

Simba....nothing as of yet.
Scooter
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Just rediscovered this thread!

Wilson is scared of street lights and bikes.

No, I don't know why either

Forrest hasn't turned out to be scared of much even now - just thinks a little bit too much sometimes
Sundance
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Fyn is scared of the hot air balloon that flies over our house during the summer months. We seem to be on its flight path and he especially doesn't like it when they put the burners on
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Ted dosen't like hot air balloons either and fireworks, guns, thunder oh and fishing rods
Page 21 of 29 « First < 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 > Last »