Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by colliemad
I am not in the least bit surprised but it works both ways.
very true.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Have to admit when my car broke down in rush-hour traffic, i started to push the car to the side, no-one helped, all to busy getting home and angry because i'd caused traffic. Until a biker stopped and pushed my car to the side for me. Never knew his name, but i was really thankful as it was peeing down with rain.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2006, 04:31 PM
How would you all expect me to look? what is the general sterotype for a "lady trucker?"
Lesbian... Only Joking , to be honest i admire Woman Truckers, as that 'world' seems to be totally ruled by men. I wanted to be a trucker when i was 17, parents wouldn't let me
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Lesbian... Only Joking , to be honest i admire Woman Truckers, as that 'world' seems to be totally ruled by men. I wanted to be a trucker when i was 17, parents wouldn't let me
ROFPML

Come on guys, you can't possibly come up with anything that I haven't already heard so I certainly won't be offended, when you have had a few goes at it I will tell you what I look like and you can decide if I fit in that box

Why wouldn't your parents let you? What's stopping you now then, go on, dare ya! LOL
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2006, 09:07 AM
ROFPML

Come on guys, you can't possibly come up with anything that I haven't already heard so I certainly won't be offended, when you have had a few goes at it I will tell you what I look like and you can decide if I fit in that box

Why wouldn't your parents let you? What's stopping you now then, go on, dare ya! LOL
Dunno they didn't think it was a suitable career, i wanted to be a machanic too, but Noooooo. Now? well, erm, I have a puppy to look after so cant be away for long periods of time
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-05-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by lillybet
i get very jealous of everything and anything. but i don't show it.
Lillybet, why tear yourself up inside. The emotion put into jealousy could be so better used making yourself happier.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-05-2006, 09:51 AM

While we are on the subject of stereotyping............ I am an HGV driver. I have a class 1 licence (C + E) and I deliver to a well known supermarket.

How would you all expect me to look? what is the general sterotype for a "lady trucker?"
My other half is a trucker for Tesco ,so not sure what the stereotype would be anyway. He told me i should go for it.
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2006, 01:55 PM
If I'm totally honest my stereotypr of a lady trucker would be:

bleach blonde mullet hairdo (with lots of black roots showing), tattoos, beefy forearms and a checked shirt and jeans with a fag hanging out the corner of your mouth.

I'm close aren't I?
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by minda
If I'm totally honest my stereotypr of a lady trucker would be:

bleach blonde mullet hairdo (with lots of black roots showing), tattoos, beefy forearms and a checked shirt and jeans with a fag hanging out the corner of your mouth.

I'm close aren't I?
my friend was a trucker and she looked just like that. lol
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2006, 02:05 PM
See! Stereotypes do work!

(Just kidding, before I get lynched!)
Page 21 of 22 « First < 11 18 19 20 21 22 >