Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by lillybet
ok i would like to ask every1 a question. if you found a photo on your OH's phone of an ugly person would you be as worried as if you found a photo of a sexy person?????? let's face it a lot of us would be narrow minded about look's then!

Honestly - wouldn't bother me at all.
My OH is always getting chatted up by girls (and men!), and he gets a lot of female attention with his job, and I am flattered that everyone likes him. Most of his friends are gorgeous females (Dog only knows why he chose me lol) - but at the end of the day he's mine!
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2006, 02:11 PM
but you don't have to have tattoos and look "different" to be diffrent. i think day to day i look "normal" ish but i am do still have a personality.
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2006, 02:16 PM
i don't think any 1 is conforming to socity people just look how ever they want to.
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl
We had a receptionist who wore a slightly too tight top and her tattoo on her back was showing. The bosses liked it, and funnily enough she got the job even though she was useless for it

Lol funnily enough the girl with the lip piercing that we took on was useless too, and quit after just a month!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-05-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by lillybet
ok i would like to ask every1 a question. if you found a photo on your OH's phone of an ugly person would you be as worried as if you found a photo of a sexy person?????? let's face it a lot of us would be narrow minded about look's then!
No, i thought it was normal for men to have pictures of naked women as wallpaper on their mobile phones and i don't do jealousy in any shape or form its a waste of emotion.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by trouble21
... and i don't do jealousy in any shape or form its a waste of emotion.
Thats the way i've always felt...
but my friends think i'm strange for not getting jealous!
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Years ago my mother was visiting the bull ring in Birmingham (the old one!) and she slipped and fell over. A man in a suit carrying a briefcase stepped over her and left her there struggling to get up. Two guys approached her, piercings, tatoos and mohican hair in various colours, their clothes were ragged and she thought they were going to rob her (or worse!). They helped her up and took her to a nearby bench and sat her down, picked her shopping up and bought her a cup of tea and stayed with her until they were sure she was ok, about an hour I think she told me and then they went on their way. She never found out their names and it really changed her attitude towards people that looked like that, just goes to show.......

While we are on the subject of stereotyping............ I am an HGV driver. I have a class 1 licence (C + E) and I deliver to a well known supermarket.

How would you all expect me to look? what is the general sterotype for a "lady trucker?"
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur
Thats the way i've always felt...
but my friends think i'm strange for not getting jealous!
i get very jealous of everything and anything. but i don't show it.
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by colliemad
Years ago my mother was visiting the [Automatic System edit: Link removed: Please read Linking Rules] in Birmingham (the old one!) and she slipped and fell over. A man in a suit carrying a briefcase stepped over her and left her there struggling to get up. Two guys approached her, piercings, tatoos and mohican hair in various colours, their clothes were ragged and she thought they were going to rob her (or worse!). They helped her up and took her to a nearby bench and sat her down, picked her shopping up and bought her a cup of tea and stayed with her until they were sure she was ok, about an hour I think she told me and then they went on their way. She never found out their names and it really changed her attitude towards people that looked like that, just goes to show.......

While we are on the subject of stereotyping............ I am an HGV driver. I have a class 1 licence (C + E) and I deliver to a well known supermarket.

How would you all expect me to look? what is the general sterotype for a "lady trucker?"
my friend had i fit in town and to men with tattoos mugged him when he was still fitting. it was a well dressed woman that called the cops and helped my friend!
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2006, 04:14 PM
my friend had i fit in town and to men with tattoos mugged him when he was still fitting. it was a well dressed woman that called the cops and helped my friend!
I am not in the least bit surprised but it works both ways.
Page 20 of 22 « First < 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 >