View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 08:36 AM

No doubt the punishment the owners receive will be a joke.Sentence should be the same as murder in my mind!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Indeed it should be murder.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 09:36 AM
In one of the reports I think I saw it said that it could be manslaughter. The dog apparently lived in the house next door.

The old man's family are calling for dog laws to be tightened up. Who could blame them? If another person had killed this old man there would be the sort of reaction from many that they'd like to kill the person responsible. Even if he'd had an 'unfortunate' upbringing.

What a way to lose an ageing parent. I'd think you'd find it impossible to get the images of how you imagined it was for them and how scared and how much pain they were in out of your mind - ever.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 09:37 AM
It's the 4th anniversary of my dad's passing today, he was 71 years old. After a short illness, he died peacefully in hospital and I feel him with me everyday.
When I heard about the horrific attack on this poor old man, I couldn't help but think of how his family must feel,losing him in such a way. Every time they think of him the horror of what he had to endure must always be present to.They have lost their father, uncle , grandad, friend and also the beautiful memories they have of him will be forever tainted.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
It's the 4th anniversary of my dad's passing today, he was 71 years old. After a short illness, he died peacefully in hospital and I feel him with me everyday.
When I heard about the horrific attack on this poor old man, I couldn't help but think of how his family must feel,losing him in such a way. Every time they think of him the horror of what he had to endure must always be present to.They have lost their father, uncle , grandad, friend and also the beautiful memories they have of him will be forever tainted.
My thoughts exactly. All of us who've lost parents or loved ones have some (not so nice) images in our brain from when they were fading fast. In my case it is the image of my dad looking like a shadow of his former self sat in bed in the hospital (I almost walked right past him). In fact although he wanted photos taken of him with his granddaughter I could not keep those photos I never wanted to see him looking like it again. But I still can in my mind now and then.

I just cannot begin to IMAGINE what your mind would dream up as an image for you if you lost a beloved aged parent in these circumstances. I'm not the most mild or ultra reasonable person on earth - I think I'd just want to kill everyone involved in allowing this to happen, 4 legged and 2 legged. I wouldn't be analysing and reasoning that you 'can't blame the dog'.

No more than I'd be feeling forgiving towards some child molester because they'd had a terrible childhood and been abused themselves - esp. if one of MY children was the victim.

Any 'out of control' dog can be dangerous - any breed of dog can be dangerous in some circumstances. However it is just fact that most people do not undertake 'formal training' with their dogs. And lots of people do not keep them restrained or under control either. As that is the case it must therefore follow that the bigger and stronger the dog is - the more of a danger it is if it is not kept under control.

As I said earlier - yes a small dog is just as likely to attack someone if out of control - but not as likely to kill a full grown adult as a big dog is. The JRT that is brought up as an example that killed last year killed a new baby - I doubt it could have taken down and killed a full grown man.

As with weapons - the more dangerous the weapon has the potential to be - the tougher should be the controls regarding the ownership of them. I don't disagree with that reasoning.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Well said.I think of it this way.Had that poor man been shot to death,the owners of the gun may not of actually pulled the trigger,but they most definitely loaded it and aimed
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 12:18 PM
Well said, as I said I have the images of the attack on Mollie in my mind I dread to think the pain and fear that old man must have felt.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2