Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Looks good Pidge,

Personally I dont like white walls (to stark) and cream/magnolia is the wrong shade to go with your colour scheme, so as someone has already suggested, a very pale grey, you can get white with a hint!! , you need to keep the walls light if the room is not overly large.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Now, is a light grey not just as dull/flat as white?
no! i reckon something really soft but with a slight sparkle in it? i think i know what i mean but i'm struggling to make it clear!! it would need to be really soft and really, just a hint of grey.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2010, 08:46 AM
I think pale grey too! just need to find the right shade or have it mixed
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Looks good Pidge,

Personally I dont like white walls (to stark) and cream/magnolia is the wrong shade to go with your colour scheme, so as someone has already suggested, a very pale grey, you can get white with a hint!! , you need to keep the walls light if the room is not overly large.
Thanks JB. There is a colour by Dulux called Eygyptian Cotton that is supposed to be quite grey/latte but I think I'll just have to go tester pot crazy and see.

Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
no! i reckon something really soft but with a slight sparkle in it? i think i know what i mean but i'm struggling to make it clear!! it would need to be really soft and really, just a hint of grey.
Sparkle? You don't me very well LP, I am the least sparkle girl there is ;o) Agree with soft and hint though, now to find it!!

Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
I think pale grey too! just need to find the right shade or have it mixed
OK Pea, will see what I can find ;o)
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2010, 05:12 PM
I've had Eygptian cotton before in my daughters bedroom with mauve wiggly borders - it was a kinda greyish colour & was nice - Am I the only one that thinks you should keep the walls white & do one wall - maybe behind the bed head in the bright orange like the cushions!

I've got the decorating bug too as daughters & son have just swapped rooms! her room was shocking pink with playboy & I couldn't leave it like like for my poor son so his is now 2 walls red (yes red!!) & 2 walls calico, with red bedding & all his LFC footie stuff.
Daughters have now outgrown the bright pink playboy stuff & wanted their room black & white so I've done white walls & when the paint is properly dried out for a week or so I'm going to do black quotes above their beds in scripted writing (something we saw on the tv!!) black vertical blinds & black & white zebra print bedding, lampshade & roman blind,I made the blind & lampshade & spent all last night sticking crystal gems to it!!
We've seen some lovely quotes though I'm tempted to just put "Get you lazy butt outa bed & tidy this room"
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Can't you do a feature wall type thing or just jazz up the walls with canvas pictures or something?
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Hi not sure if i'm too late but i would wallpaper that one wall behind the bed with a feature paper co-ordinating colours including the burnt orange, or paint the wall burnt orange. I have burnt orange, gold and choc brown in my lounge and its nice and warm looking.

Or pale grey wall and a big canvas with greys and oranges in it would look nice.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Em find out where your local trade paint shop is and then take a cushion with you. They have strips of colour which comes in all saturations so if you identify the cushion colour you can pick the intensity you want. Each strip is the same colour but a different concentration of the pigment......It costs a little more than normal paint but you dont need as many coats either. Not much in it if doing a feature wall. Our decorator gave us the tip.....
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm going for Nutmeg White, from Dulux ;o) It's a very pale, yet still quite warm stone colour.

Will post when it's done.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2