Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pinklizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Fingers crossed for good results for Milo xx
I've assisted with one bone marrow biopsy, the dog was given a general anaesthetic and a patch of hair clipped (in this case over the shoulder) A needle is then inserted through the skin and into the bone, until the core marrow is located. A small amount of tissue is then removed and smears made. The dog was given pretty strong pain relief which lasted 6-8 hours and went home with anti-inflammatory tablets for a further 7 days. She bounced back, quite literally, pretty quickly!
Hope that helps.
Merz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Wishing you all the luck in the world-hope all is well over weekend - will be thinking of you both x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Fingers XXXXXXX for you hun and Milo xxxxx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-05-2009, 10:46 PM
Aw Bev what a rough time you are having (hugs x)
good luck for Tuesday and healing thoughts for Milo ...
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 06:22 AM
Oh Bev, sending ((((((((hugs))))))) and lots and lots of {{{{{{{{{{{{vibes}}}}}}}}}}

fingers crossed for you, I know it's going to be a very long weekend for you, but you know you have us on here if you need us.

Elaine xxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 06:30 AM
Sorry to hear this, Bev. I know you hate driving any distance. Unfortunately, one of my girls is on holiday next week, otherwise I'd have tried to get a day off and taken you.

Hope all goes well, and big hugs to Milo x0x
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 07:18 AM
Keeping you and Milo in our thoughts and prayers.x
I'm sure if the vet thought he had to be in there instantly Bev, she'd have said so. Good luck for Tuesday x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Good luck for Tuesday Bev.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 01:18 PM
I have just recieved the letter from the referral clinic for Milo and its had me sobbing. I have to take enough food for him for 5 days. I don't want to leave him there so far from home. He hates the vets and just shakes constantly there. I just don't want him going through all this trauma my poor little lad
I just don't know how I can drive away and come all the way home knowing he is there terrified. Its breaking my heart the thought of it.
Shady I know would cope but Milo he just won't I know.

My vet also told me they would claim direct there from my insurance but the letter says differently so I will have to phone them up about this as I don't know how much its going to cost just to visit and talk to them.
Thanks everyone for your kind words.
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 02:15 PM
My very best wishes for you for Tuesday and positive vibes sent for Milo.

On the subject of the referral clinic not claiming direct from your insurers, that is what I was told at first from the referral hospital that Gelert was sent to. I rang them and they said that if I paid an admin fee of £20 then they would claim direct from Pet Plan. Obviously I paid up. The receptionist at my vets said it was scandalous when I told her, but, what can you do.? Hope this helps.

I thought that Gels wouldn't cope being so far away from us when she went in (she stayed for just short of 3 weeks) but its amazing how well they do cope. Also the vet nurses were fantastic, spending lots of time with the animals, giving lots of treats and cuddles.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »