View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 06:22 PM
When I took Rogue to the vets to be spayed there was a woman in before us dropping a Yorkie off for some kind of op. The receptionist asked if the dog had a collar and lead and woman, horrified, said no, she won't wear a collar. Poor little dog obviously never goes out and was shaking like a leaf (OK Yorkies do that anyway, but this one was so bewildered at being out of the house). Then the woman stood amazed when I asked Rogue to hop onto the scales and stay which she did straight away. Some people think small dogs are literally toys. They're DOGS for goodness sake!

I don't have a problem with dog clothes as long as they aren't harming the dogs. Shoes, hats and hoodies though are way too far IMO.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Baby substitute thats what i reckon these dogs are, poor thing.
Please don't use that terminology - it gives people like me, who got dogs because we can't have children but needed an outlet for love and in my case at least a kick up the backside to not hide away and feel completely isolated from society, yet still treat our dogs as dogs... very loved dogs and the focus as the dependent part of our "family" (even though we're not fit to use that word) a bad name.

They're idiots using their dog as a doll... not a baby - if it was a baby subsitute they'd actually meet its needs like you would a baby.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Please don't use that terminology - it gives people like me, who got dogs because we can't have children but needed an outlet for love and in my case at least a kick up the backside to not hide away and feel completely isolated from society, yet still treat our dogs as dogs... very loved dogs and the focus as the dependent part of our "family" (even though we're not fit to use that word) a bad name.

They're idiots using their dog as a doll... not a baby - if it was a baby subsitute they'd actually meet its needs like you would a baby.
I didn't mean to offend anyone,maybe i should have said dolly instead, i meant people like this just want something to dress up.

I think you are reading too much into my comment but as i said i apologise if you found it offensive
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 06:50 PM
There was a similar case on "It's me or the dog" today where a young lady had bought a Chinese crested dog and she treated it like a baby and had boots and different outfits for it-looked stupid! Had severe aggression problems and had bitten at least 15 people!

If you want to play" dress up the doggie" buy a stuffed one!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Oh dear poor dog. I don't think they make them big enough for Ollie.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
There was a similar case on "It's me or the dog" today where a young lady had bought a Chinese crested dog and she treated it like a baby and had boots and different outfits for it-looked stupid! Had severe aggression problems and had bitten at least 15 people!

ive seen that one. drove me up the wall that poor dog
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post

Yes i saw that one, only in America as they say - i agree buy a toy dog
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 06:57 PM
It just makes me mad cos I know a few people in similar situations to my own who did get dogs because they wanted something to love... yet treat them as, surprisingly dogs - even though they ARE their substitutes for babies. But hey we get judged all the time for it - just hate us being lumped in the same category as the prats with canine wardrobes.

The pillocks who get dogs to put in handbags and wear daft outfits use them as dolls.
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Feel so sorry for that poor dog ,to be at the vets in such a terrified state. What sort of life must it have-not being walked,unwanted by the child and dressed up by the owner who must have more money than sense to buy the dog stupid clothes. How confused and terrified must that dog must be.Another "dog bites child" headline in the future? Dog put to sleep .Lots of sympathy for the owner who cant understand what happened as she loved the dog?Would be lovely if you could get the dog from her ,but she probably would want to sell the dog-possibly to a friend who is just as stupid and would probably be told that the dog just loved to be dressed up.Sometimes I despair of the human race.Maureen
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Yes i saw that one, only in America as they say - i agree buy a toy dog
No it was in Essex!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >